TomClymer

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2004

Ok, so I am doing the stolen heirloom quest. I found the scoundrel that
took it, and killed him, and got the loot. But I also apparently SOLD the
things somewhere (or lost them, or whatever). Now I can't seem to finish
the quest.

Any help?

Torvald of Balmora

um... hehe.. either go find it, or you can open the TES and drop another one
on the ground near where you last saved and then go pick it up, should
work....

<TomClymer@Cox.Com> wrote in message news:%0Uqd.102734$%x.3430@okepread04...
> Ok, so I am doing the stolen heirloom quest. I found the scoundrel that
> took it, and killed him, and got the loot. But I also apparently SOLD the
> things somewhere (or lost them, or whatever). Now I can't seem to finish
> the quest.
>
> Any help?
>
> Torvald of Balmora

TomClymer

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2004

Actually, I hit on that answer already....kinda. I went into TES and found
the item name. Then I went into the game, opened the console and did a
player->additem command....QUEST COMPLETE! THANKS FOLKS.

Torvald of Balmora

"finndo" <finndo@sc.rr.com> wrote in message
> um... hehe.. either go find it, or you can open the TES and drop another
> one on the ground near where you last saved and then go pick it up, should
> work....
>

> <TomClymer@Cox.Com> wrote in message
>> Ok, so I am doing the stolen heirloom quest. I found the scoundrel that
>> took it, and killed him, and got the loot. But I also apparently SOLD
>> the things somewhere (or lost them, or whatever). Now I can't seem to
>> finish the quest.
>>
>> Any help?
>>
>> Torvald of Balmora

I would have offered that solution, but I have no clue what or how to use
the console in morrowind (having played the Xbox version for over a year
before even picking up the pc copy) To make it even funnier for those who
want a good laugh... I did not even know there was a console in morrowind
till about a week or 2 ago when I started reading this newsgroup.

> Actually, I hit on that answer already....kinda. I went into TES and
> found the item name. Then I went into the game, opened the console and
> did a player->additem command....QUEST COMPLETE! THANKS FOLKS.
>
> Torvald of Balmora
>
> "finndo" <finndo@sc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> um... hehe.. either go find it, or you can open the TES and drop another
>> one on the ground near where you last saved and then go pick it up,
>> should work....
>>

>> <TomClymer@Cox.Com> wrote in message
>>> Ok, so I am doing the stolen heirloom quest. I found the scoundrel that
>>> took it, and killed him, and got the loot. But I also apparently SOLD
>>> the things somewhere (or lost them, or whatever). Now I can't seem to
>>> finish the quest.
>>>
>>> Any help?
>>>
>>> Torvald of Balmora

> I would have offered that solution, but I have no clue what or how to use
> the console in morrowind (having played the Xbox version for over a year
> before even picking up the pc copy) To make it even funnier for those who
> want a good laugh... I did not even know there was a console in morrowind
> till about a week or 2 ago when I started reading this newsgroup.

Well of course in the Xbox version, there isn't. I don't know what I'd do
without it, frankly. The number of times I get caught on a piece of
poorly-clipped geometry and have to use a TCL command to get out is
astonishing. (One of the downsides of having 300 speed and very high
Acrobatics skill - you end up going lots of places that you probably weren't
intended to, and the geometry there isn't as well tested, I think.) I also
use RA every once in a while when the NPCs just stand in your way and won't
move. And I've repaired several broken quests through the console as well.
Without the console, I'd have had to start over from scratch several times
by now due to errors in the quests.