tech question: scrolling

Somehow I have set some damn software switch so that whenever I have a
scrollable set of choices (talking to an NPC, examining any of my own
menus) the pointer plunges immediately to the bottom and cannot be
raised up, either with wheel or button. (I'm using a wireless Logitech
on a WinXP machine.) Needless to say, this is annoying, as I am unable
to barter, persuade, or train.

Any idea how to fix this?

gary lee stonum wrote:

> Somehow I have set some damn software switch so that whenever I have a
> scrollable set of choices (talking to an NPC, examining any of my own
> menus) the pointer plunges immediately to the bottom and cannot be
> raised up, either with wheel or button. (I'm using a wireless Logitech
> on a WinXP machine.) Needless to say, this is annoying, as I am unable
> to barter, persuade, or train.
>
> Any idea how to fix this?

Have you tried a different mouse?

I have the same equipment, and I have no problems...

"gary lee stonum" <gary.stonum@case.edu> wrote in message
> Somehow I have set some damn software switch so that whenever I have a
> scrollable set of choices (talking to an NPC, examining any of my own
> menus) the pointer plunges immediately to the bottom and cannot be raised
> up, either with wheel or button. (I'm using a wireless Logitech on a
> WinXP machine.) Needless to say, this is annoying, as I am unable to
> barter, persuade, or train.
>
> Any idea how to fix this?

JC

"gary lee stonum" <gary.stonum@case.edu> wrote in message
> Somehow I have set some damn software switch so that whenever I have a
> scrollable set of choices (talking to an NPC, examining any of my own
> menus) the pointer plunges immediately to the bottom and cannot be raised
> up, either with wheel or button. (I'm using a wireless Logitech on a
> WinXP machine.) Needless to say, this is annoying, as I am unable to
> barter, persuade, or train.
>
> Any idea how to fix this?

I had the same problem (same mouse) whenever I accidently moved the mouse
wheel. Sometimes I could bring it back by trying small movements on the
wheel, but often I had to exit the game and reload. Really trains you to not
touch the wheel.

I suppose you could disable the wheel via the driver, but I just got used to
it.

JC

JC wrote:
> "gary lee stonum" <gary.stonum@case.edu> wrote in message
>
>>Somehow I have set some damn software switch so that whenever I have a
>>scrollable set of choices (talking to an NPC, examining any of my own
>>menus) the pointer plunges immediately to the bottom and cannot be raised
>>up, either with wheel or button. (I'm using a wireless Logitech on a
>>WinXP machine.) Needless to say, this is annoying, as I am unable to
>>barter, persuade, or train.
>>
>>Any idea how to fix this?
>

> I had the same problem (same mouse) whenever I accidently moved the mouse
> wheel. Sometimes I could bring it back by trying small movements on the
> wheel, but often I had to exit the game and reload. Really trains you to not
> touch the wheel.
>
> I suppose you could disable the wheel via the driver, but I just got used to
> it.
>
> JC

If it's a logitech mouse then I would suggest not using logitech's
software. or if you do - go into the mouse properties and set the wheel
setting to "Use MS office compatible scroll" (or similar option)

I found this fixed a few errors I was having in general - although I've
never encountered a problem in MW

of course, if it's not a logitech mouse, you may ignore this post :)

gary lee stonum wrote:
> Somehow I have set some damn software switch so that whenever I have a
> scrollable set of choices (talking to an NPC, examining any of my own
> menus) the pointer plunges immediately to the bottom and cannot be
> raised up, either with wheel or button. (I'm using a wireless Logitech
> on a WinXP machine.) Needless to say, this is annoying, as I am unable
> to barter, persuade, or train.
>
> Any idea how to fix this?

Go to logitechs homepage and download the patch (Registry Hack) that
disables stuff when you play games, I had the same problem, that fixed
it. but I believe Logitech Mouseware latest version also fixes this.

~Cameron

Cameron wrote:

> gary lee stonum wrote:
>
>> Somehow I have set some damn software switch so that whenever I have
>> a scrollable set of choices (talking to an NPC, examining any of my
>> own menus) the pointer plunges immediately to the bottom and cannot
>> be raised up, either with wheel or button. (I'm using a wireless
>> Logitech on a WinXP machine.) Needless to say, this is annoying, as
>> I am unable to barter, persuade, or train.
>>
>> Any idea how to fix this?
>

> Go to logitechs homepage and download the patch (Registry Hack) that
> disables stuff when you play games, I had the same problem, that fixed
> it. but I believe Logitech Mouseware latest version also fixes this.
>
> ~Cameron

Cameron:

Many thanks. The latest Mouseware doesn't actually fix this, but the
site has a downloadable Advanced Settings file with the appropriate
disabling switch.