Internal_IP_calls_–_Blue_Screen

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

Internal IP calls – Blue Screen

We are having problems with or internal IP calls from a Viewstation
MP, the problem is this, when the Viewstation makes an internal IP
call to any device (Vpoint HD, PVX, ViaVideo, Leadtek's IP broadband
videophone, BVP8770) we get no video on the Viewstation, just a blue
screen.

The Viewstation MP has the latest software release.

I have tried calling the Viewstation from all the above codec's and
the Viewstation can see the call but will not answer it. When I call
all the above from the Viewstation I get a connection, but no video on
the Viewstation, I do get video on the above codec's.

I have tried calls between the above codec's without the Viewstation
and there is no problem with connections in either direction or with
the video.

What is puzzling me is that the Viewstation can make and receive an
external IP call and there is no problem.

Has anyone any solutions to this very frustrating problem.

Philip Hosey wrote:
> Internal IP calls - Blue Screen
>
> We are having problems with or internal IP calls from a Viewstation
> MP, the problem is this, when the Viewstation makes an internal IP
> call to any device (Vpoint HD, PVX, ViaVideo, Leadtek's IP broadband
> videophone, BVP8770) we get no video on the Viewstation, just a blue
> screen.
>
> The Viewstation MP has the latest software release.
>
> I have tried calling the Viewstation from all the above codec's and
> the Viewstation can see the call but will not answer it. When I call
> all the above from the Viewstation I get a connection, but no video
on
> the Viewstation, I do get video on the above codec's.
>
> I have tried calls between the above codec's without the Viewstation
> and there is no problem with connections in either direction or with
> the video.
>
> What is puzzling me is that the Viewstation can make and receive an
> external IP call and there is no problem.
>
> Has anyone any solutions to this very frustrating problem.

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

Philip, perhaps during the capabilities negotiations, there is a
parameter selected, within the Viewstation, that can not be supported
by the other receiving systems, such as video algorithm.
Try changing the video algorithm to something other than the latest
greatest.

Ron Tomlin