Servce Pack 2 Stops Web Page displays

I have set up an internal web site on my computer for accessing and viewing
certain reports and documents. The web site was created using HTML and the
documents are Excel files, Word documents and PDF files and all display in
Explorer 6.0. The web pages reside on my computer and all links are to files
on my computer. There is no connection to the internet. After installing
Service Pack 2, my web site was essentially disabled. A click on any link
brings up the yellow bar in Internet explorer warning me about downloading a
harmful file. this, in spite of the fact that no download is being
attempted. Only after two separate clearing operations are performed does
the file finally display. How do I get rid of this problem?
--
Joseph Childs (jchilds1@nycap.rr.com)
All messages are scanned for viruses before being sent

    In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Pop-up Blocker > Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.

    Andre
    "Joseph Childs" <jchilds1@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
    >I have set up an internal web site on my computer for accessing and viewing
    > certain reports and documents. The web site was created using HTML and the
    > documents are Excel files, Word documents and PDF files and all display in
    > Explorer 6.0. The web pages reside on my computer and all links are to
    > files
    > on my computer. There is no connection to the internet. After installing
    > Service Pack 2, my web site was essentially disabled. A click on any link
    > brings up the yellow bar in Internet explorer warning me about downloading
    > harmful file. this, in spite of the fact that no download is being
    > attempted. Only after two separate clearing operations are performed does
    > the file finally display. How do I get rid of this problem?
    > --
    > Joseph Childs (jchilds1@nycap.rr.com)
    > All messages are scanned for viruses before being sent

Computers Windows XP