Servce Pack 2 Stops Web Page displays

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
October 10, 2004 7:09:52 PM

I have set up an internal web site on my computer for accessing and viewing
certain reports and documents. The web site was created using HTML and the
documents are Excel files, Word documents and PDF files and all display in
Explorer 6.0. The web pages reside on my computer and all links are to files
on my computer. There is no connection to the internet. After installing
Service Pack 2, my web site was essentially disabled. A click on any link
brings up the yellow bar in Internet explorer warning me about downloading a
harmful file. this, in spite of the fact that no download is being
attempted. Only after two separate clearing operations are performed does
the file finally display. How do I get rid of this problem?
--
Joseph Childs (jchilds1@nycap.rr.com)
All messages are scanned for viruses before being sent

More about : servce pack stops web page displays

Anonymous
October 10, 2004 7:09:53 PM

In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Pop-up Blocker > Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.

Andre
news:o $aL5yvrEHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!