Windows 2000 Server and passwords

I recently have an employee who left and I don't know the password to their
system. I can change it but only if I have the "old" one, no good to me, is
there a way to reset the password, without having to make any modifications
to the registry" something a little more simpler.

Thanks in advance, jimmy!!

Logon as local administrator to change the password.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"jimmy_ray00" wrote:
|I recently have an employee who left and I don't know the password to their
| system. I can change it but only if I have the "old" one, no good to me,
is
| there a way to reset the password, without having to make any
modifications
| to the registry" something a little more simpler.
|
| Thanks in advance, jimmy!!

Hello,

Use the local administartor to log in the system and you can change the
password if it is a local user.

If it is a domain user go to the Domain controller and open up the active
directory users and computers.Highlight the user and click on Action
Menu->Choose Reset password .You should be logged as a domain administrator
on the DC.

kbanerji@online.microsoft.com