Which is the better app? ATI TRAY TOOLS or CCC?

Which is the better app? ATI TRAY TOOLS or CCC?

• CCC

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • ATI TRAY TOOLS

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

robs03silvergts

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
lol, this should be funny.

i thought about starting a thread like this and considering you got your ass handed to you in that other thread i didn't think you'd be that stupid.

come on then, explain why it is better, this should be a laugh.

Looks like your out numbered here putz. Should be just a matter of time before you leave crying your eyes out once everyone schools you for saying the crap about CCC that you say and not backing it up with anything. :roll:

And you want me to explain too you like I did the last 3-4 times in the other post why ATI TRAY TOOLS is better than CCC? are you F'n kidding me?

Learn to read nublet.

Damn here we go once more.

ATI TRAY TOOLS does not slow your system down like CCC.
ATI TRAY TOOLS does not use the resources that CCC uses.
ATI TRAY TOOLS offers better and easier Game profile Settings.
ATI TRAY TOOLS has more options and allows DX3D to be used with Triple Buffering.

The list goes on and on............ anyone that can not see the benefit of using ATI TRAY TOOLS over CCC is either completely in denial and stupid or a complete nublet like yourself who does not know any better.

robs03silvergts

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
i thought about starting a thread like this and considering you got your ass handed to you in that other thread

Pffftt......please. The only ones getting their ass handed to them in that other thread was you, grape ape and that sojiner guy or whatever his name was :roll:

I gave the facts while you nublets did nothing more than jibber and jabber away like little kids with no facts.

robs03silvergts

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
well AFAIk the CC does not slow down your system other than at start up and that can be reduced, whilst the ati tray tools will use less resources the resources that the CCC uses are miniscule and won't be noticed.

Well regardless of how miniscule the difference may be the fact is that it is still there and I am correct about ATI TRAY TOOLS.

Thank you very much! move along now please. :lol:

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
What did you work on developing ATI Tray tools or something? I don't know why else you'd have such a h@rd-on for it. Its a good tool, but frankly, its more than most people that are newer to the arena need.

Until you find something useful or constructive to say, please do us all a favor and keep your thread count where it currently is. (That means shut up).

I am home now for this fine saturday (as Grape put it) and thought I would sally forth over to see how ol' rob here was doing...

Yeah, Glad I didn't waste any more time on this yesterday, the Stamps won the football game and the beer and bud was fanstatic a great Saturday, in fact just got up. :twisted:

You guys are truely fukin pathetic when you are to afraid to speak against grapeape and sojiner even when they are wrong and you fukin know it :roll:

Like I said in the other thread you're like a dog with a bone, ignoring what people wrote in order to create your paper tiger/red herring argument thread, to try and justify your actions in the other thread. You point out where this is wrong, you ignored it in the other thread, but it doesn't surprise me because it's pretty straight forward;

Actually CCC has alot of good uses, and when properly tweaked works very well, if still marginally slower than CP. And while you say it's just for Nublets, really the only people it makes the most difference to is those looking to get 1 bunghoiliomark more than their previous score.

If you're a performance junkie, and wanna tweak every electron then ATiTrayTools or ATiTool are very useful apps. However, for THAT thread we were discussing this wasn't someone asking how to OC the heck out of his system but someone just asking about setting profiles for games, and surprise surprise most people recommended ATiTrayTools for it's management capabilities, but also mention that CCC has some basic tools to do the job if you want to start out slow first. You want him to run before he can even crawl.

I think anyone who bothers (waste of time watching you flame-out) to read the thread as sojrner linked to, will see you lose your argument and apparently your mind. It looks like I missed some especially convincing arguments/statements you had as they were edited out. Musta been killer-logical. :roll:

Anywhoo, I'm sure if you do still read/reply here you'll have something equally juvenille to add, but I'm not going to bother replying to it as the previous thread shows you obviously can't stay within the boundaries of the forum so you'll only try to drag everyone else down to your level.

I WANT A MONKEY!
I WANT A MONKEY!
I WANT A MONKEY!

MMMmmm, MONKEY, AAAaaaaahhhh TASTY !!!
droolie7.gif

The Other Other Red Meat! :twisted:

x1900xtcooler

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
You people talk like ATI TRAY TOOLS is to hard for newbies to learn and that they should stay with CCC for a couple of years or something :roll: I am a newbie as well and you know whats funny? I had CCC installed for about 3 days and then someone introduced me to ATI TRAY TOOLS, best thing that ever happened to me since becoming an ATI fan 8) It took me all of about 10-15 minutes to get familiar with the tool and it was actually less complicated than that over bloated crap that CCC offers you.

Really people, ATI TRAY TOOLS is easier to use than CCC and just like that robs guy stated the profile setup is far better with tray tools.

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
You people talk like ATI TRAY TOOLS is to hard for newbies to learn and that they should stay with CCC for a couple of years or something :roll: I am a newbie as well and you know whats funny? I had CCC installed for about 3 days and then someone introduced me to ATI TRAY TOOLS, best thing that ever happened to me since becoming an ATI fan 8) It took me all of about 10-15 minutes to get familiar with the tool and it was actually less complicated than that over bloated crap that CCC offers you.

Really people, ATI TRAY TOOLS is easier to use than CCC and just like that robs guy stated the profile setup is far better with tray tools.

no-one here is saying that tray tools sucks. We are not even saying that n00bs should stick w/ it... rather we are just saying that ccc is not as bloated as all the detractors would like to believe (uses no more than anything else when minimized); it does everything you need, including minor oc'ing w/o the need for 3rd party hacks; it is stable...

With those ideas in mind (there are probably others too) the only compelling reasons to use tray tools is that
A: if you want more robust oc'ing beyond the "stock" functionality (atiTool).

B: if you like the profile implementations better then ccc.

C: if you just subjectively prefer the tray tools gui, or really dislike .net (some just can't get over that, and that is fine)

D: if you are a troll and live on bungholio marks for your e-peni$ compensation.

Those are the reasons I could come up w/ off the top of my mind right now... there may be one I missed but you get the idea. Basically tray tools is a great app, but not worth ripping on ccc over. Too many fanbois and flamers are just saying "ccc sucks and tray tools is the only thing you should use! If not then you suck like ccc." When others are saying that to be accepted you must use tray tools or else you are a n00b it is just juvenile.

That is what the argument has been against from my perspective. In may ways, and for many ppl ccc is easier then any 3rd party app as many out there are overwhelmed when trying to find and dl these apps... ccc is easy to find (ati.com) and obvious to even the bassest of n00bs. If you got tray tools first and you like it, rock on. Many ppl just do not need/want it. It is just not worth getting worked up over which is better as that is a subjective debate at best.

x1900xtcooler

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006

no-one here is saying that tray tools sucks. We are not even saying that n00bs should stick w/ it... rather we are just saying that ccc is not as bloated as all the detractors would like to believe (uses no more than anything else when minimized); it does everything you need, including minor oc'ing w/o the need for 3rd party hacks; it is stable...

With those ideas in mind (there are probably others too) the only compelling reasons to use tray tools is that
A: if you want more robust oc'ing beyond the "stock" functionality (atiTool).

B: if you like the profile implementations better then ccc.

C: if you just subjectively prefer the tray tools gui, or really dislike .net (some just can't get over that, and that is fine)

D: if you are a troll and live on bungholio marks for your e-peni$ compensation.

Those are the reasons I could come up w/ off the top of my mind right now... there may be one I missed but you get the idea. Basically tray tools is a great app, but not worth ripping on ccc over. Too many fanbois and flamers are just saying "ccc sucks and tray tools is the only thing you should use! If not then you suck like ccc." When others are saying that to be accepted you must use tray tools or else you are a n00b it is just juvenile.

That is what the argument has been against from my perspective. In may ways, and for many ppl ccc is easier then any 3rd party app as many out there are overwhelmed when trying to find and dl these apps... ccc is easy to find (ati.com) and obvious to even the bassest of n00bs. If you got tray tools first and you like it, rock on. Many ppl just do not need/want it. It is just not worth getting worked up over whic
h is better as that is a subjective debate at best.

Ok cool 8) I see what you mean for the most part. I noticed you have a dual core, do you like it? I am going to sell my Sandiego 4000+ which I have overclocked at 2950ghz and purchase a X2 4800 and then overclock it.

I know I will not see much difference right now but it seems like next year will be all about multi threaded games.

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
Ok cool 8) I see what you mean for the most part. I noticed you have a dual core, do you like it? I am going to sell my Sandiego 4000+ which I have overclocked at 2950ghz and purchase a X2 4800 and then overclock it.

I know I will not see much difference right now but it seems like next year will be all about multi threaded games.

Ya, I like it... for many current apps it runs just like any other system w/ 2 gigs... plenty fast. ;)

But on multithreaded apps it flat screams. For example, it seems that both nero7 is multithreaded, and runs both cores at about 70% each when encoding. This translates into a real improvement over my older single threaded machine. (have not benched it so dont have real #s, just subjective "feeling")

Another example is the ati compression/format utility within ccc. (one BIG reason to use ccc as no other app has this functionality) It takes most formatted video and converts it to most any other format... and it is FAST! A one hour and 20 min mpeg2 video was converted to dvix in 12 minutes! (I do alot of home-movie work for fam and friends... have a nice cam etc) It leverages the gpu to help w/ the conversion but it also runs both cores @ 100%... my whole system is maxed during the run. If you really think about that, you realize how much work that is (the conversion) and how much that would slow down w/o that second core. If both cores cannot get ahead of the task (and drop from 100%) then a single would only struggle more. ;)

I have just a 200mhz oc on it (4600+ specs) w/ stock cooling and no change in voltage, but also no change in temps... dont really need more... yet.

Dr_asik

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
I think ATI Tray Tools have a much more convenient interface. Also they don't take 5 seconds to load.

I was expecting a 90% majority for ATT, but seems CCC isn't as bad as I thought. Anyway I see no reason to switch back to it now that I'm with ATT.

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
but seems CCC isn't as bad as I thought.

that seems to be the problem. everyone thinks ccc sucks (for whatever reason, maybe someone told them and they just believed it...) and they never try it... then they just keep perpetuating the belief that ccc blows w/o first hand experience. Not saying you do that at all, just making a point off of what you said there. ;)

att is fine, but so is ccc. Both good for different reasons.

EXACTLY!

I posted this before, many things can be set without launching it. sure some thing like some video tweaks I need to open it, but many can be done without launching;

geoff0.jpg

Is the plain display driver and ATT faster? Yeah a bit, but it's not as bad as it was and really not worth going mental over, and definitely worth getting people all worried about IMO.

Personally found the difference in actual gaming pretty much negligeable so it's easier just to install the defaults and leave everything in place (I leave ATiTool and Rivatuner there for my needs [I don't like that ATT sometime needs more recent versions to work well without issue]).

raj072

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Well the new 5770 is out and many people are having problems with it crashing.

People who use CCC are the ones having the majority of the problems. CCC won't work, hangs etc.

The people with the fewest issues are the ones that either.

1. Installed just the drivers and no CCC

2. Installed just the drivers and then ATI tray Tools.

CCC is bloatware always has been

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

Zombie thread. Next time just look at the last post date.
And BTW, most users have problems with their cards because of their incompetence to do simple things, like removing previous drivers. I have never ever had any problems with any GPU software, nVidia or Ati or third party.
99% of the problems on this forum are caused by the people buying a card without knowing the PSU requirements, CPU possible bottlenecks, GPU hierarchy and so on.
No possible software can cure stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.