Looking for color variations in XP other than blue, silver..

First of all I am looking for color variations other than the 3 that came
installed with my XP Home Ed. I thought of using Windows 98/Me/2000 themes
but I am not sure how they would work.

I am also looking for ACTUAL Windows XP themes that do NOT require
additional programs such as Style XP or WindowsBlinds. I am sick of the XP
'basic' blues & need a bit of help.

Please reply soon.

Configure themes in Windows XP, see link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307855&sd=tech

Andre
"RLC Web" <RLCWeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First of all I am looking for color variations other than the 3 that came
> installed with my XP Home Ed. I thought of using Windows 98/Me/2000
> themes
> but I am not sure how they would work.
>
> I am also looking for ACTUAL Windows XP themes that do NOT require
> additional programs such as Style XP or WindowsBlinds. I am sick of the
> XP
> 'basic' blues & need a bit of help.
>
> Please reply soon.

Andre,

Where can I find official XP themes online that do not require additional
programs such as XP Styles & WindowsBlinds?

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Configure themes in Windows XP, see link:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307855&sd=tech
>
> Andre
> "RLC Web" <RLCWeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > First of all I am looking for color variations other than the 3 that came
> > installed with my XP Home Ed. I thought of using Windows 98/Me/2000
> > themes
> > but I am not sure how they would work.
> >
> > I am also looking for ACTUAL Windows XP themes that do NOT require
> > additional programs such as Style XP or WindowsBlinds. I am sick of the
> > XP
> > 'basic' blues & need a bit of help.
> >
> > Please reply soon.

There are additional themes from Microsoft on the XP Plus! cd. I don't
think themes from other versions of Windows are going to work. Perhaps
another poster will clarify that.

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> There are additional themes from Microsoft on the XP Plus! cd. I don't
> think themes from other versions of Windows are going to work. Perhaps
> another poster will clarify that.
>
> "RLC Web" <RLCWeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>First of all I am looking for color variations other than the 3 that came
>>installed with my XP Home Ed. I thought of using Windows 98/Me/2000
>>themes
>>but I am not sure how they would work.
>>
>>I am also looking for ACTUAL Windows XP themes that do NOT require
>>additional programs such as Style XP or WindowsBlinds. I am sick of the
>>XP
>>'basic' blues & need a bit of help.
>>
>>Please reply soon.

The four themes included on the 'Plus! for Windows XP' CD are,
unfortunately, based on the three Luna themes that are already in
Windows XP. They are:

Leonardo da Vinci (which is based on the 'Olive Green' theme)
Nature (which is also based on the 'Olive Green theme)
Aquarium (which is based on the 'Blue' theme)
Space (which is based on the 'Silver' theme)

The only things these themes add, or change, are mouse cursors,
wallpaper, screen savers, and (IIRC) sounds.

Themes from previous versions of Windows - if you somehow manage to
"install" them - will only work in 'Windows Classic' mode, and not in
the new Luna setup.

Sorry, RLC, but if you want Luna-esque themes, your only bet is to go
with Style XP or WindowBlinds.

And if I had to recommend one, I'd probably go with Style XP... and the
reason I'd use their software is because you can launch it, apply the
theme, and then close it so that it won't stay in the system tray and
consume additional resources (don't worry - it's possible to close Style
XP without UNLOADING it and keep the theme "active"). Your theme will
remain intact until you either change the theme again, unload Style XP,
or some major "disaster" happens and XP "reverts" to one of its own
Luna/Classic themes again.

WindowBlinds has some nice themes, too, but I just can't recommend
something that stays active in the system tray and uses resources just
to make the desktop prettier.

—¤— ¡Suavé! —¤—