Compatible Inks for Epson Stylus Photo 960

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 10, 2005 9:03:43 PM

I'm looking for good compatible inks for my Stylus Photo 960. I've
always used Epson inks and paper, but would like a cheaper alternative.
I've seen the prices on www.ink4art.com and they seem quite reasonable.
Any input on this would be much appreicated.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 9:16:06 PM

PS: Measekite.....do not reply plz.
June 11, 2005 4:16:11 AM

tyranix95@hotmail.com wrote:

>I'm looking for good compatible inks for my Stylus Photo 960. I've
>always used Epson inks and paper, but would like a cheaper alternative.
>I've seen the prices on www.ink4art.com and they seem quite reasonable.
>Any input on this would be much appreicated.

Only buy from anyone if you know what you are buying. If they do not
put in writing the name of the mfg/formulator (THE BRAND) and not just a
store label, that should be a warning sign. You will find that there
are many different labels of ink but most of them are made by the same mfg.

The hobbyist and tinkerers will soon spew out the gospel. These members
of the AfterMarket Club will paint you a rosey picture. Ask your self
why most people buy name BRAND ink.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 4:22:31 AM

Go get screwed I mean Go get clogged.

tyranix95@hotmail.com wrote:

>PS: Measekite.....do not reply plz.

June 11, 2005 5:50:41 AM

Look at the post from Jan Alter on 6/10 on this NG - answering the post from
Walter R. with the same question.

<tyranix95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for good compatible inks for my Stylus Photo 960. I've
> always used Epson inks and paper, but would like a cheaper alternative.
> I've seen the prices on www.ink4art.com and they seem quite reasonable.
> Any input on this would be much appreicated.

June 11, 2005 8:19:45 AM

Tyranix - a request - When you purchase and use an aftermarket ink or
prefilled cartridge would you please report back to this newsgroup and to
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

Sign in and post a message indicating the printer you are using, the vendor
from whom you purchased your ink or cartridges, and your experience with the
vendor and product. Your experience can help to guide others in their
purchase and use of aftermarket inks. It is best to read posts from
personal experience before making a purchase of these products. I purchased
MIS ink for refilling my Canon i960 carts after reading Neil Slade's web
site on printers, inks, and paper. It works great and I've had no problems
with my printer in nearly a year of use.

<tyranix95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for good compatible inks for my Stylus Photo 960. I've
> always used Epson inks and paper, but would like a cheaper alternative.
> I've seen the prices on www.ink4art.com and they seem quite reasonable.
> Any input on this would be much appreicated.

June 11, 2005 9:28:16 AM

<tyranix95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for good compatible inks for my Stylus Photo 960. I've
> always used Epson inks and paper, but would like a cheaper alternative.
> I've seen the prices on www.ink4art.com and they seem quite reasonable.
> Any input on this would be much appreicated.

I have an Epson Stylus COLOR 880 printer and have used compatible cartridges
for the last three years with excellent results.
I find the photo paper I use affects the quality of prints and find that
Epson Photo gloss paper gives a superior result.
I use Choice Stationary at www.choucestationary.com
Blair
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:28:17 AM

Some have good results and some DISASTER!
For me it is Epson all the way.
If you are looking to save money, book mark COMPUSA web site for at times
they have unannounced sales at local stores (they do not announce in local
papers) for, I have heard, as much as 50% off retail.
I have found a local supplier that their standard is 30% off on ALL inkjet
supplies.
Plus a local authorized service, walk in, repairer of Epson products.
My old Epson 1200 took a serious printhead dive using off brands, thus I
have a new 1280 and off brand will never get near it. I did not find the
local service repairer untill I dumped the 1200. Had I found the repairer, I
would have made the 1200 an approved bulk B&W printer.
I admit the 1200 was purchased when it was first introduce, so maybe it was
time for new heads.
Thank goodness I have an understanding CFO and I am a happy camper with my
new 1280.
Make pictures,
Tom
"Blair" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
news:D 8dp8v$ht$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

> <tyranix95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I'm looking for good compatible inks for my Stylus Photo 960. I've
> > always used Epson inks and paper, but would like a cheaper alternative.
> > I've seen the prices on www.ink4art.com and they seem quite reasonable.
> > Any input on this would be much appreicated.
> >
> I have an Epson Stylus COLOR 880 printer and have used compatible
cartridges
> for the last three years with excellent results.
> I find the photo paper I use affects the quality of prints and find that
> Epson Photo gloss paper gives a superior result.
> I use Choice Stationary at www.choucestationary.com
> Blair

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 10:49:58 AM

Burt wrote:

> :-P
>

><tyranix95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>I'm looking for good compatible inks for my Stylus Photo 960. I've
>>always used Epson inks and paper, but would like a cheaper alternative.
>>I've seen the prices on www.ink4art.com and they seem quite reasonable.
>>Any input on this would be much appreicated.

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 1:12:26 AM

try www.printpal.com
no relation