No free rides...

I did the quest where you free Mehra Milo from her cell and go to meet her
at the Holamayan Monastery. The lady by the boat said she'd give me
transport back to Vivec, but whenever I click on her "Travel" option, she
says I must be mistaken, and that she doesn't provide that service. I ask
about "Return to Vivec", and she'll tell me to just let her know when I want
to go, but she won't go no matter what I do. I even tried persuading her
all the way up to 100% disposition, but it didn't help. Does it matter that
I've talked to her before I did this quest? Is her travel option foerver
broken?

(Not that it matters, as I have other means to get to Vivec really quickly
if I want, but it does seem to be some sort of bug...)

Darrel Hoffman wrote:
> I did the quest where you free Mehra Milo from her cell and go to meet her
> at the Holamayan Monastery. The lady by the boat said she'd give me
> transport back to Vivec, but whenever I click on her "Travel" option, she
> says I must be mistaken, and that she doesn't provide that service. I ask
> about "Return to Vivec", and she'll tell me to just let her know when I want
> to go, but she won't go no matter what I do. I even tried persuading her
> all the way up to 100% disposition, but it didn't help. Does it matter that
> I've talked to her before I did this quest? Is her travel option foerver
> broken?
>
> (Not that it matters, as I have other means to get to Vivec really quickly
> if I want, but it does seem to be some sort of bug...)

Did you talk to the other people there that Mehra mentioned?

> Did you talk to the other people there that Mehra mentioned?

There was just the one guy in the room with her, I think. I think I got all
the information I could out of him. The weird thing is the woman at the
ship SAID I could travel with her, but then when I tried, she wouldn't let
me. I'm going with the
visiting-her-before-doing-this-quest-spoils-it-forever theory. This is I
think one of the only cases where a character offers travel services, but
only after a certian quest event has occurred, though one of the ships at
Ebonheart seems to behave in the same way. (I'm guessing this is where you
would end up if this worked correctly?) I also remember seeing a ship south
of Hla Oad that looked like it offered travel service, but didn't really.
I'm assuming that relates to some other quest I haven't found yet...

Darrel Hoffman wrote:
>>Did you talk to the other people there that Mehra mentioned?
>

> There was just the one guy in the room with her, I think. I think I got all
> the information I could out of him. The weird thing is the woman at the
> ship SAID I could travel with her, but then when I tried, she wouldn't let
> me. I'm going with the
> visiting-her-before-doing-this-quest-spoils-it-forever theory. This is I
> think one of the only cases where a character offers travel services, but
> only after a certian quest event has occurred, though one of the ships at
> Ebonheart seems to behave in the same way. (I'm guessing this is where you
> would end up if this worked correctly?) I also remember seeing a ship south
> of Hla Oad that looked like it offered travel service, but didn't really.
> I'm assuming that relates to some other quest I haven't found yet...

There are several people in the monastery. I think you have to talk to
one of the other ones. It should be in your journal.