Windows Time Service

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 8, 2004 7:11:19 PM

How do you force users to synchronise time with a preset DC on a W2k
domain?? I've forgotten... ("Old-timers Syndrome ;-)

I have transferred all the FSMO roles to a new DC, but the clients insist on
sync'ing with the old DC (and fail).

Thanks in advance,
Cameron:-)

More about : windows time service

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 7:11:20 PM

Using a GPO, browse to :

Computer Configuration | Administrative Templets | System | Windows Time
Service | Time Providers and configure the "Configure Windows NTP Client" NTP
= Network Time Protocol.

Or using a startup script/batch file:

"Net time \\TimeServer /set /y"

Drum on .. .. . . .
"Cameron Dorrough" wrote:

> How do you force users to synchronise time with a preset DC on a W2k
> domain?? I've forgotten... ("Old-timers Syndrome ;-)
>
> I have transferred all the FSMO roles to a new DC, but the clients insist on
> sync'ing with the old DC (and fail).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Cameron:-)

Anonymous
December 9, 2004 11:44:23 AM

Thanks, but I don't get "Windows Time Service" under System.. only Logon,
Disk Quotas, DNS Client, Group Policy and WFP.

Maybe I've missed a step? It would get great to be able to use GPO to
configure this..

Cameron:-)

!