Windows Time Service

How do you force users to synchronise time with a preset DC on a W2k
domain?? I've forgotten... ("Old-timers Syndrome ;-)

I have transferred all the FSMO roles to a new DC, but the clients insist on
sync'ing with the old DC (and fail).

Thanks in advance,
Cameron:-)
2 answers Last reply
More about windows time service

    Using a GPO, browse to :

    Computer Configuration | Administrative Templets | System | Windows Time
    Service | Time Providers and configure the "Configure Windows NTP Client" NTP
    = Network Time Protocol.

    Or using a startup script/batch file:

    "Net time \\TimeServer /set /y"

    Drum on .. .. . . .
    "Cameron Dorrough" wrote:

    > How do you force users to synchronise time with a preset DC on a W2k
    > domain?? I've forgotten... ("Old-timers Syndrome ;-)
    >
    > I have transferred all the FSMO roles to a new DC, but the clients insist on
    > sync'ing with the old DC (and fail).
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Cameron:-)

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Thanks, but I don't get "Windows Time Service" under System.. only Logon,
    Disk Quotas, DNS Client, Group Policy and WFP.

    Maybe I've missed a step? It would get great to be able to use GPO to
    configure this..

    Cameron:-)

    "Drumgod" <Drumgod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Using a GPO, browse to :
    >
    > Computer Configuration | Administrative Templets | System | Windows Time
    > Service | Time Providers and configure the "Configure Windows NTP Client"
    NTP
    > = Network Time Protocol.
    >
    > Or using a startup script/batch file:
    >
    > "Net time \\TimeServer /set /y"
    >

    > Drum on .. .. . . .
    > "Cameron Dorrough" wrote:
    >
    > > How do you force users to synchronise time with a preset DC on a W2k
    > > domain?? I've forgotten... ("Old-timers Syndrome ;-)
    > >
    > > I have transferred all the FSMO roles to a new DC, but the clients
    insist on
    > > sync'ing with the old DC (and fail).
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > > Cameron:-)