missing files from mods, does anyone have these?

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
December 4, 2004 8:02:28 AM

I'm trying to fix some errors that pop up during gameplay about missing
files. I would appreciate it if some of you who are running these mods (or
have them stored locally) could search for these files for me... (I am
guessing at the mods these are from due to similarly named files that I do
have from these mods)

From: unknown
error: "unable to find tl_mineguard1 in script TL_CalderaUprising"
to which I assume there is a file named tl_mineguard1 that I do not have.

From: Vampire Realism V1.2
error "unable to find _crn_sundamage in script..." all of the following
vampire_aundae_PC
vampire_berne_PC
vampire_quarra_PC
vamp_ancient_aundae
vamp_ancient_berne
vamp_ancient_quarra
vamp_wild_aundae
vamp_wild_berne
vamp_wild_quarra
vamp_special_aundae
vamp_special_berne
vamp_special_quarra
vamp_wandering_aundae
vamp_wandering_berne
vamp_wandering_quarra
vamp_normal_aundae
vamp_normal_berne
vamp_normal_quarra

From: tombs expanded (I am guessing)
error: "unable to locate _NP_MW_all in Leveled Creature _tc_tombs_all"
again I am assuming there is supposed to be a file called _NP_MW_all

From either: Forests of Vvardenfell
or
Cali's BB v.2 Dryad Dresses
error: "flora_tree_ai_02 is missing"
and
error: "_ase_flora_tree_ai_02 is missing"

I am one more time "assuming" there are files of those names that I should
have. there IS a file "flora_tree_ai_AT_02" in Cali's and there is a folder
"_ase_" in Forests, which are my reasons for suspecting these mods.

unfortunately I just added 70 more mods to my game, so it is a little bit
harder to pin point which is causing the problem. I have my mods grouped by
what they mod, and combined (with original files zipped up in a backup file)
so that I am only loading 4 esp's with a total of 173 mods within them. I
think that those errors (in quantity) are not too bad for the number of
mods. although I have to drop a couple of the graphical upgrades due to fps
problems... If I could only afford a PCI-16 Video card I am sure the fps
would kick back up (using the onboard shared memory video right now...
yuk...)

More about : missing files mods

Anonymous
December 4, 2004 10:27:24 AM

On Saturday 04 December 2004 finndo <finndo@sc.rr.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to fix some errors that pop up during gameplay about missing
> files....
>
> From: Unknown
> Error: "Unable to find tl_mineguard1 in script TL_CalderaUprising"
>
> ...I assume there is a file named tl_mineguard1 that I do not have.

There doesn't have to be any missing files -- you're missing records and
available references. This error, for instance, indicates that a command
was issued to the NPC TL_MineGuard1 in the script TL_CalderaUprising. This
means that you either no not have the record for TL_MineGuard1 available,
or no instances of TL_MineGuard1 are available to run the command against.

> ...I just added 70 more mods to my game...

Unfortunately, errors like the one described above gets quite hard to
manually trace when you have such a large number of plugins installed.
You'd do well, in fact, to run the whole thing through TESPCD, and,
considering your amount of experience, TESTool.

> If I could only afford a PCI-16 video card...

PCI Express video cards aren't worth it right now. For a long time, the
advancements in the area of graphics cards have relied more upon internal
power than bandwidth. This is evident by the fact that many cards -- even
high-end ones -- suffer little to no performance impairment if you change
the AGP transfer rate from 8X to 4X.

From a non-technical point of view, the only benefit of PCI Express,
barring bandwidth, is the ability to use the SLI feature in nVidia's NV4x
line, which enables you to receive large performance increases by using two
video cards at once. However, this will require, for an Intel platform,
nothing less than a server motherboard, and, for the AMD platform, a
mainboard with an nForce 4 SLI chipset, not to mention two $US200+ video
cards.

--

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information
available.

- Benford's Law of Controversy
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 6:42:27 PM

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 05:02:28 GMT, finndo <finndo@sc.rr.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to fix some errors that pop up during gameplay about missing
> files. I would appreciate it if some of you who are running these mods
> (or
> have them stored locally) could search for these files for me... (I am
> guessing at the mods these are from due to similarly named files that I
> do
> have from these mods)

As Micheal said: You aren't missing any files, you are missing NPCs,
objects and scripts. I'll try to elaborate a bit:

> From: unknown
> error: "unable to find tl_mineguard1 in script TL_CalderaUprising"
> to which I assume there is a file named tl_mineguard1 that I do not have.

TL sounds like "Twin Lamps". Maybe it is a script from Juniper's Twin
Lamps mod (definitely not Nevena's Twin Lamps). The script is apparently
missing a NPC. I suppose it was a guard within the Caldera mine who you
have probably killed while doing the quest. If you just want to get rid of
the error message enter a place where you want that guard to stand and
enter the following line into the Console:
placeatpc tl_mineguard1 1,1,1
Note that this can only remove the error message. It probably won't
repair any quests.

> From: Vampire Realism V1.2
> error "unable to find _crn_sundamage in script..." all of the following
> [complete list of Vampire Scripts]

Let me guess: "Vampire Realism" isn't the only Vampire mod you have
installed. I suppose you are also running "Vampire Upgrade" and perhaps
"Vampire Embrace". Well, the problem is "Vampire Upgrade". Both mods change
the Vampire scripts. When you merged "Upgrade" and "Realism", one of the
plugins had the upper hand. That means that only that mod's Vampire script
exists in your merged plugin. To fix this, you'll have to merge them again
and edit the Vampire scipts manually, so all changes of both mods are taken
into respect.
I recommend using the "Conflict Detector" and "Enchanted Editor" to do so.
As far as I remember, Vampire Embrace doesn't change the Vampire Scripts.

> From: tombs expanded (I am guessing)
> error: "unable to locate _NP_MW_all in Leveled Creature _tc_tombs_all"
> again I am assuming there is supposed to be a file called _NP_MW_all

Again, it isn't a file. It sounds to me as if it is a levelled list
within a levelled list. Wierd thing.
Just delete the object _NP_MW_all from the levelled list _tc_tombs_all
You'll just need the Construction Set to do so.

> From either: Forests of Vvardenfell
> or
> Cali's BB v.2 Dryad Dresses
> error: "flora_tree_ai_02 is missing"
> and
> error: "_ase_flora_tree_ai_02 is missing"

I don't know these mods, but as long as the game doesn't complain that
it can't find a mesh or a texture it isn't a file.

> I am one more time "assuming" there are files of those names that I
> should
> have. there IS a file "flora_tree_ai_AT_02" in Cali's and there is a
> folder
> "_ase_" in Forests, which are my reasons for suspecting these mods.

Okay, #if# it is a file, check, if it is located in the correct directory.

> unfortunately I just added 70 more mods to my game, so it is a little bit
> harder to pin point which is causing the problem. I have my mods
> grouped by
> what they mod, and combined (with original files zipped up in a backup
> file)
> so that I am only loading 4 esp's with a total of 173 mods within them.

Good idea on one hand and a very bad idea on the other. If you plan to
update a mod or want to remove conflicts, it is better to install 70 single
mods than to install 4 merged mods.
I suggest (and you'll probably hate me for that) that you do a fresh
installation of Morrowind and all mods and this time check your compilation
with the Conflict Detector and manually (and partly automatically) remove
any conflicts. In the case of Vampire Upgrade and Vampire Realism, there
is no other way but a combined mod to enjoy both mods features, but you'll
have to do some changes by hand (i.e. combining the Vampire Scripts).
I have already done that for my installation, so if you provide me with
a valid email address I'll send you the .esp file

> think that those errors (in quantity) are not too bad for the number of
> mods.

Well, I consider every error to be an error too much. But what you don't
see, are the hidden errors. If two mods change a boat master, for example,
only the travel destinations of the more recent mod will be provided by
that boat master. An example is the combination of "Solstheim Transport"
and "White Wolf of Lokken". Both mods change Basks-in-the-Sun, the
Argonian ferryman at Fort Frostmoth, but if "White Wolf" is the more
recent mod, Basks-in-the-Sun will provide you with transport to Lokken,
but not to Thirsk and the Skaal docks. So unless you fix those problems,
you won't get every feature your mods provide.

Bjoern