Cannot connect new server to existing domain

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 10, 2004 2:50:45 PM

I am trying to connect my new Win2k svr to my existing network that contains
one W2k server. I want to connect my new server as an additional domain
controller. I run dcpromo and get the following error when I try and
connect:

"Access is denied"

I am trying to connect as my administrator account from the exisitng domain
with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thx,

jason
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 9:27:30 PM

Jason,

It could be a permissions problem on the NTDS.DIT file. Some things to
check and correct can be found at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows200...,
follow the link to the section entitled Troubleshooting "Access Denied"
Error Messages in Active Directory Installation. Thanks.

news:o TEXIDu3EHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...