Cannot connect new server to existing domain

I am trying to connect my new Win2k svr to my existing network that contains
one W2k server. I want to connect my new server as an additional domain
controller. I run dcpromo and get the following error when I try and
connect:

"Access is denied"

I am trying to connect as my administrator account from the exisitng domain
with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thx,

jason
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot connect server existing domain

    Jason,

    It could be a permissions problem on the NTDS.DIT file. Some things to
    check and correct can be found at
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/technologies/activedirectory/maintain/opsguide/part1/adogd13.mspx,
    follow the link to the section entitled Troubleshooting "Access Denied"
    Error Messages in Active Directory Installation. Thanks.

    "Jason Cochrane" <jason@*spam*dpskc.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to connect my new Win2k svr to my existing network that
    >contains one W2k server. I want to connect my new server as an additional
    >domain controller. I run dcpromo and get the following error when I try
    >and connect:
    >
    > "Access is denied"
    >
    > I am trying to connect as my administrator account from the exisitng
    > domain with no luck. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thx,
    >
    > jason

Connection Domain Servers Windows