video conference with dfl-700

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

I need some help with this, I am trying to set up a video conference
betwen our reaserch manager and the office when she is abroad.
there is already a vpn connection availible, A dlink DFL-700 firewal
with a ds-601 client, we have webcams and audio, all software we
tried work fine inside the lan, but over the vpn connection ,no.

anyone got anymore tips? or do someone else have the same problem?
i have tried msn messenger, netmeeting, Sagaxis dvc, powerplay.

I would be happy for all the help i Can get
/Mattias

MattiasJ schrieb:
> I need some help with this, I am trying to set up a video conference
> betwen our reaserch manager and the office when she is abroad.
> there is already a vpn connection availible, A dlink DFL-700 firewal
> with a ds-601 client, we have webcams and audio, all software we
> tried work fine inside the lan, but over the vpn connection ,no.
>
> anyone got anymore tips? or do someone else have the same problem?
> i have tried msn messenger, netmeeting, Sagaxis dvc, powerplay.
>
> I would be happy for all the help i Can get
> /Mattias

Hi Mattias,

do you have a NAT scenario due to your firewall? (NAT means different IP
addresses in the networks?

never

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

Yes i do, but does that matter over vpn? i can ping the computers no
problem.

Most of the programs can connect to eachother, but the visual and
audio bit has problems.

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

found microsoft portrait and it works great. have not tried multiple
connections. but for now it works.