Upgrade a Windows 2000 Server to Advanced Server?

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me whether it is possible to upgrade a
server running Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2000 Advanced server.

We've increased the memory in our Exchange 2000 server to 4Gb and need to
use the /3Gb switch in the boot.ini file but this is only supported in the
Advanced server edition. We want to avoid having to wipe the server, install
advanced server and restore the appropriate data if possible.

Any help is appreciated...
1 answer Last reply
More about upgrade windows 2000 server advanced server

    You can not upgrade *any* version of Win 2k to *any* other version of Win
    2k. A format and reinstall is required.

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if someone could tell me whether it is possible to upgrade
    > server running Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2000 Advanced server.
    >
    > We've increased the memory in our Exchange 2000 server to 4Gb and need to
    > use the /3Gb switch in the boot.ini file but this is only supported in the
    > Advanced server edition. We want to avoid having to wipe the server,
    install
    > advanced server and restore the appropriate data if possible.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated...

Windows 2000 Servers Windows