Windows XP machine takes long time to ligin into the win20..

We have windows 2000 DC acting as GC and some XP machines. I'm facing a
problem that when XP users trying to login to the Domain, it takes very long
time apply the computer setting and personal setting and then login in to the
domain. I tried to restart DHCP, DNS and NetLogon services but still I have
the same Problem
Thanks in advance for your help
3 answers Last reply
More about windows machine takes long time ligin win20

    What server does the XP computers point to for DNS?

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We have windows 2000 DC acting as GC and some XP machines. I'm facing a
    > problem that when XP users trying to login to the Domain, it takes very
    long
    > time apply the computer setting and personal setting and then login in to
    the
    > domain. I tried to restart DHCP, DNS and NetLogon services but still I
    have
    > the same Problem
    > Thanks in advance for your help

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Local DNS server

    "Danny Sanders" wrote:

    > What server does the XP computers point to for DNS?
    >

    > hth
    > DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
    >
    > "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > We have windows 2000 DC acting as GC and some XP machines. I'm facing a
    > > problem that when XP users trying to login to the Domain, it takes very
    > long
    > > time apply the computer setting and personal setting and then login in to
    > the
    > > domain. I tried to restart DHCP, DNS and NetLogon services but still I
    > have
    > > the same Problem
    > > Thanks in advance for your help

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    See if this helps:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;241515

    > Local DNS server
    >
    > "Danny Sanders" wrote:
    >
    > > What server does the XP computers point to for DNS?
    > >

    > > hth
    > > DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
    > >
    > > "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > We have windows 2000 DC acting as GC and some XP machines. I'm facing
    > > > problem that when XP users trying to login to the Domain, it takes
    very
    > > long
    > > > time apply the computer setting and personal setting and then login in
    > > the
    > > > domain. I tried to restart DHCP, DNS and NetLogon services but still I
    > > have
    > > > the same Problem
    > > > Thanks in advance for your help

Domain Windows XP Windows