Windows XP machine takes long time to ligin into the win20..

deepwater

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004

We have windows 2000 DC acting as GC and some XP machines. I'm facing a
problem that when XP users trying to login to the Domain, it takes very long
time apply the computer setting and personal setting and then login in to the
domain. I tried to restart DHCP, DNS and NetLogon services but still I have
the same Problem
Thanks in advance for your help

What server does the XP computers point to for DNS?

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have windows 2000 DC acting as GC and some XP machines. I'm facing a
> problem that when XP users trying to login to the Domain, it takes very
long
> time apply the computer setting and personal setting and then login in to
the
> domain. I tried to restart DHCP, DNS and NetLogon services but still I
have
> the same Problem
> Thanks in advance for your help

deepwater

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004

Local DNS server

"Danny Sanders" wrote:

> What server does the XP computers point to for DNS?
>

> hth
> DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
>
> "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have windows 2000 DC acting as GC and some XP machines. I'm facing a
> > problem that when XP users trying to login to the Domain, it takes very
> long
> > time apply the computer setting and personal setting and then login in to
> the
> > domain. I tried to restart DHCP, DNS and NetLogon services but still I
> have
> > the same Problem
> > Thanks in advance for your help

See if this helps: