Sign in with
Your question

BLUE SCREENING!!

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
May 13, 2011 7:11:06 AM

Hi guys , my PC is blue screening the whole time, i have recently formatted and don't know whats going on. I say repair , it repairs but then when it comes to the loading screen it starts then it freezes and restarts.

Please help

Kind Regards,
Lee

More about : blue screening

a b $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 8:09:25 AM

whats the error code? have you updated with correct drivers and have you tried to boot into safemode?
May 13, 2011 8:44:03 AM

it said windows file are missing or something but how? i have an updated anti virus and a legitimate windows 7 ultimate?
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 8:50:40 AM

do a windows repair
May 13, 2011 9:17:39 AM

“STOP 0×0000007B” Error
One of the most common Blue Screen errors faced by the computer users with a Windows 7 operating system is the “STOP 0×0000007B” popularly known as 0×7B or “Inaccessible Boot Device”. This error is generally caused due to severe problem in the hard drive controller. Beside this, a virus attack in the boot sector or a corruption in the data or an improper installation of the hard drive or wrong configuration of the drive in the BIOS may also be responsible for this problem.

“STOP 0×00000124? Error
The above Windows 7 Blue Screen error code appears on the computer screen when the users go for a dual boot of the operating system. The problem is caused after hot plugging a PCI device when the rebalancing of resources is triggered. Generally while running the rebalancing process the Max Payload Size value is not configured by the system. This creates a wrong value of the Max Payload which results in a total conflict between the PCI Express bus device and the PCI Express root port. In this situation the operating system starts a Machine Check Architecture which is followed by the said error.

Operating System does not respond
This is a very commonly faced error by the users of the Windows 7 which leads to the Blue Screen of death to the system. The error message appears on the computer screen in the following form: “Windows Operating System is not responding” along with two options one “Close the Program” and other “Wait for the program to respond”. But whenever the user attempts to close the program he comes up with a serious data loss. To solve this problem apply different troubling shooting methods or take help of the technical experts.
May 13, 2011 10:26:18 AM

I have done a repair a coouple of times but still when windows is booting up it gives blue screen,

“STOP 0×0000007B” Error
One of the most common Blue Screen errors faced by the computer users with a Windows 7 operating system is the “STOP 0×0000007B” popularly known as 0×7B or “Inaccessible Boot Device”. This error is generally caused due to severe problem in the hard drive controller. Beside this, a virus attack in the boot sector or a corruption in the data or an improper installation of the hard drive or wrong configuration of the drive in the BIOS may also be responsible for this problem.

it gives this error, should i format?
May 13, 2011 12:23:55 PM

Hold on! I just tried enabling AHCI instead of IDE as my SATA mode, and Windows 7 would BSOD on loading screen. Switching SATA mode back to IDE solved that. Did you mess around with SATA settings in the BIOS? If yes, try resetting the BIOS...
May 13, 2011 12:42:06 PM

cool cool i just changed from achi to ide! and it didnt blue screen again!! woohoo thanx bro!
May 13, 2011 12:42:42 PM

cool cool i just changed from achi to ide! and it didn't blue screen again!! woohoo thanks bro!
a b $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 12:58:48 PM

Since you've had issue with the o/s I would switch it back to AHCI and do a clean install. You get better performance from AHCI.
May 13, 2011 4:16:01 PM

@r3m_wolvy: Glad to help...

So is there a way to enable AHCI on Windows 7 which was installed while IDE mode was enabled and NOT have a BSOD during the boot?
May 13, 2011 6:34:40 PM

i dont know what your saying...haha but all i did was change the settings in the bios to from ahci to ide and it worked!
!