win2000 server shutdown exe file

Howdy guys,

Can anyone tell me what the name of the shutdown file(s) is.

My problem is this: Whenever I go to shutdown the comp. instead of it
turning off it restarts again.

If I knew the name of the offending file I assume that I could over write it
and get things back to normal. Am I correct?
1 answer Last reply
More about win2000 server shutdown file

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:36:39 +1100, "frodo" <1@icom.com> wrote:

    >Howdy guys,
    >
    >Can anyone tell me what the name of the shutdown file(s) is.
    >
    >My problem is this: Whenever I go to shutdown the comp. instead of it
    >turning off it restarts again.
    >
    >If I knew the name of the offending file I assume that I could over write it
    >and get things back to normal. Am I correct?

    No.

    See tip 4814 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP