  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
December 16, 2004 2:36:39 AM

Howdy guys,

Can anyone tell me what the name of the shutdown file(s) is.

My problem is this: Whenever I go to shutdown the comp. instead of it
turning off it restarts again.

If I knew the name of the offending file I assume that I could over write it
and get things back to normal. Am I correct?

More about : win2000 server shutdown exe file

Anonymous
December 16, 2004 2:36:40 AM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:36:39 +1100, "frodo" <1@icom.com> wrote:

>Howdy guys,
>
>Can anyone tell me what the name of the shutdown file(s) is.
>
>My problem is this: Whenever I go to shutdown the comp. instead of it
>turning off it restarts again.
>
>If I knew the name of the offending file I assume that I could over write it
>and get things back to normal. Am I correct?

No.

See tip 4814 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP