how to check if the Synchronization check box is checked

hi all,
this is my first post to any newsgroup

In Win XP in Date/Time there is tab named Internet Time.
in that a check box is provided to synchronize the system time with the
server.
i want to know how do i check if this check box ix checked or not from VB.

regards,
deepak

Deepak,
First off, your name is familiar. I think you were one of my customers a
while back when you opened a case with MS for a directory services issue.
Could have been another Deepak I suppose.

Anyway, when you toggle the check box, the following registry value is
changed.

HKLM\system\ccs\services\w32time\parameters
"Type" REG_SZ = NTP when the synch box is checked.
"Type" REG_SZ = NoSync when the synch box is unchecked.

Just do a reg query from VB to find out this value.

--
Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security