Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help me build a new PC..Plz

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 5, 2006 9:52:47 AM

Im new here
Have bad english :?

I want to buy a set of pc next week..around RM1420(Ringgit Malaysia), just for CPU, mainboard, RAM, and graphic card...little bit low huh :oops: 

For now, i think to buy AMD X2 3800 with Epox EP-MF4 Ultra AM2 socket..Is it ok?Or other can help me..Plz..

Soory, didnt know how much $ for RM1420

More about : build plz

August 5, 2006 10:19:17 AM

Quote:
Im new here
Have bad english :?

I want to buy a set of pc next week..around RM1420(Ringgit Malaysia), just for CPU, mainboard, RAM, and graphic card...little bit low huh :oops: 

For now, i think to buy AMD X2 3800 with Epox EP-MF4 Ultra AM2 socket..Is it ok?Or other can help me..Plz..

Soory, didnt know how much $ for RM1420


RM1420 is ~386 USD, or somewhere around there. Not the biggest budget, so don't expect a powerhouse of a gaming rig. :p 

So, anyways, here's my suggestions.

MOBO: MSI K9N Neo F NVIDIA Socket AM2 ~326MR

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ AM2. ~356MR

RAM: K-Byte 512MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz ~183MR

Video Card: EVGA GeForce 7600 GT CO ~510MR

TOTAL: ~1375MR (369USD)

Bear in mind, that total is without tax. I don't know the tax rate there, so you're gonna have to look that up on your own. You might also want to consider getting more ram if you have the extra money.

Hope this helps. ;) 
August 5, 2006 10:44:43 AM

If I were you I'd follow what the guy above said, except instead of AM2 try to get a S939 CPU and Mobo. AM2 doesn't really offer a very noticeable performance increase and you can use the money saved for an 512MB of RAM.
Related resources
August 5, 2006 8:31:35 PM

Quote:
If I were you I'd follow what the guy above said, except instead of AM2 try to get a S939 CPU and Mobo. AM2 doesn't really offer a very noticeable performance increase and you can use the money saved for an 512MB of RAM.


Yeah. He's probably right. :p 
August 5, 2006 9:56:56 PM

Sorry for using your post as a template :)  .... but here's an alternative recommendation.

FOR INTEL SYSTEM (Based on Newegg.com prices)

MOBO: ASUS P5P800 SE (AGP Model) ~275 Ringgit

CPU: Intel Pentium D 805 ~356 Ringgit

RAM: generic DDR400 (PC3200) 512MB or 1024MB ~124 Ringgit(cheapest 512MB) and ~257 Ringgit (cheapest 1GB)

Video Card: Palit 6800 GS AGP ~496 Ringgit
OR eVGA 7600GT (PCI-e) ~ 610 Ringgit (But get a PCI-express motherboard with this card)

TOTAL: ~1251 Ringgit (340 USD -- Bloomberg.com)

You can overclock this rig like crazy to exceed AMD X2 3800+ ... and cheaper too. All with a generic DDR ram. (you would need a HIGH QUALITY ram and therefore expensive , to overclock the amd X2 3800+)

My HTPC rig has exactly this spec , and I guarantee playable framerates on even the most demanding games like Black n White 2 and even Oblivion ... with depreciated settings that is , at 1280x1024 ;) 
August 6, 2006 12:26:36 AM

Quote:
Im new here
Have bad english :?

I want to buy a set of pc next week..around RM1420(Ringgit Malaysia), just for CPU, mainboard, RAM, and graphic card...little bit low huh :oops: 

For now, i think to buy AMD X2 3800 with Epox EP-MF4 Ultra AM2 socket..Is it ok?Or other can help me..Plz..

Soory, didnt know how much $ for RM1420


RM1420 is ~386 USD, or somewhere around there. Not the biggest budget, so don't expect a powerhouse of a gaming rig. :p 

So, anyways, here's my suggestions.

MOBO: MSI K9N Neo F NVIDIA Socket AM2 ~326MR

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ AM2. ~356MR

RAM: K-Byte 512MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz ~183MR

Video Card: EVGA GeForce 7600 GT CO ~510MR

TOTAL: ~1375MR (369USD)

Bear in mind, that total is without tax. I don't know the tax rate there, so you're gonna have to look that up on your own. You might also want to consider getting more ram if you have the extra money.

Hope this helps. ;) 

big thanks :D  appreciate it!!
anyway, actually i suggest to buy more cheap video card(just about 250-300MR), to save some bucks and buy more powerfull CPU and MOBO..so, i try to get the AMD X2 3800 and any better MOBO..coz, i think, i can upgrade the video card in a little of time, more than upgrading the CPU and MOBO..

anyway..thanks bro..help a lot
August 6, 2006 4:20:53 AM

Quote:
Im new here
Have bad english :?

I want to buy a set of pc next week..around RM1420(Ringgit Malaysia), just for CPU, mainboard, RAM, and graphic card...little bit low huh :oops: 

For now, i think to buy AMD X2 3800 with Epox EP-MF4 Ultra AM2 socket..Is it ok?Or other can help me..Plz..

Soory, didnt know how much $ for RM1420


RM1420 is ~386 USD, or somewhere around there. Not the biggest budget, so don't expect a powerhouse of a gaming rig. :p 

So, anyways, here's my suggestions.

MOBO: MSI K9N Neo F NVIDIA Socket AM2 ~326MR

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ AM2. ~356MR

RAM: K-Byte 512MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz ~183MR

Video Card: EVGA GeForce 7600 GT CO ~510MR

TOTAL: ~1375MR (369USD)

Bear in mind, that total is without tax. I don't know the tax rate there, so you're gonna have to look that up on your own. You might also want to consider getting more ram if you have the extra money.

Hope this helps. ;) 

big thanks :D  appreciate it!!
anyway, actually i suggest to buy more cheap video card(just about 250-300MR), to save some bucks and buy more powerfull CPU and MOBO..so, i try to get the AMD X2 3800 and any better MOBO..coz, i think, i can upgrade the video card in a little of time, more than upgrading the CPU and MOBO..

anyway..thanks bro..help a lot

Yes, not a problem. I just thought I'd suggest some base items. Video cards are always interchangeable. :p 
August 6, 2006 4:21:55 AM

Quote:
Sorry for using your post as a template :)  .... but here's an alternative recommendation.

FOR INTEL SYSTEM (Based on Newegg.com prices)

MOBO: ASUS P5P800 SE (AGP Model) ~275 Ringgit

CPU: Intel Pentium D 805 ~356 Ringgit

RAM: generic DDR400 (PC3200) 512MB or 1024MB ~124 Ringgit(cheapest 512MB) and ~257 Ringgit (cheapest 1GB)

Video Card: Palit 6800 GS AGP ~496 Ringgit
OR eVGA 7600GT (PCI-e) ~ 610 Ringgit (But get a PCI-express motherboard with this card)

TOTAL: ~1251 Ringgit (340 USD -- Bloomberg.com)

You can overclock this rig like crazy to exceed AMD X2 3800+ ... and cheaper too. All with a generic DDR ram. (you would need a HIGH QUALITY ram and therefore expensive , to overclock the amd X2 3800+)

My HTPC rig has exactly this spec , and I guarantee playable framerates on even the most demanding games like Black n White 2 and even Oblivion ... with depreciated settings that is , at 1280x1024 ;) 


Don't worry about it. I didn't consider my recommendation perfect, anyways. :p 

Sorry for the double post.

P.s. Demon of elru? Xenogears? :D 
August 6, 2006 7:25:35 AM

but, had prob here..hard to choose either ATi Gecube GC-RX700G2-D3 or ATi Sapphire X1300 be better?Or any kind of video card look perfect?

and, is it ok with Epox EP-MF4 Ultra, or better with MSI K9N Neo F NVIDIA?didnt know which can give better in stability and function..

tnx again.. :wink:
August 6, 2006 8:02:10 AM

Quote:
If I were you I'd follow what the guy above said, except instead of AM2 try to get a S939 CPU and Mobo. AM2 doesn't really offer a very noticeable performance increase and you can use the money saved for an 512MB of RAM.


I want to..but afraid if it hard to upgrade with 939 rather than AM2..can u tell me the BIG differnce between those two?or its just like be the same..
August 6, 2006 8:16:02 AM

Well, S939 doesn't really perform noticeably worse than the current generation of AM2 CPUs, but if you buy AM2 you'll be compatible with future AMD releases, which will make better use of the DDRII support(another feature not on S939).
!