Event error 8037 that I cannot locate fix for

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

"The browser driver has enqueued too many Master Announcement Datagrams. For
more information about how to resolve this problem, please search for KB
article 888107 at the Microsoft support site."

Does anyone have a copy of this KB article or know the fix? I can't find a
trace of it anywhere at MS or on the web, nor do I have a clue where to begin
to look for the cause and fix.

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:37:11 -0800, "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"The browser driver has enqueued too many Master Announcement Datagrams. For
>more information about how to resolve this problem, please search for KB
>article 888107 at the Microsoft support site."
>
>Does anyone have a copy of this KB article or know the fix? I can't find a
>trace of it anywhere at MS or on the web, nor do I have a clue where to begin
>to look for the cause and fix.

The article is currently unavailable. Typically, this means it is being modified.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Thank you - have tried rebooting server and will have to wait to see if that
resolved the issue. All servers and workstations except remote users (2)
have the Browser service shutdown. I am guessing that a Master Announcement
Datagram is a UDP announcement that another computer thinks it is the Master
Browser on the network. Only the main domain controller, PDC is the one that
has the browser service turned on.

Steve