prevent users to copy files stored on the server

Hi,
is there any way to prevent users to copy files stored on the server
to local drives or removeable drives, I run Windows 2000 AS SP4 as PDC, all
of client PC run on Windows 2000 Professional and they are as member of
domain. .please advise

TIA

Regards
Winanjaya

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:23:02 -0800, Winanjaya <Winanjaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>is there any way to prevent users to copy files stored on the server
>to local drives or removeable drives, I run Windows 2000 AS SP4 as PDC, all
>of client PC run on Windows 2000 Professional and they are as member of
>domain. .please advise
>
>TIA
>
>Regards
>Winanjaya

If they can read the files, then they can copy them to their HD.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Thanks, actually I just want to prevent user to copy files stored on the
server to any removeable drives such as FDD, or USB Flash .. by the way is
there any way to disable / enable such devices remotely? .. please advise

Regards
Winanjaya