e-mail on two computers

I have a desktop and a newly acquired laptop. I have setup a wireless
network and it is working great, including file sharing, internet connection,
etc... I can also get my e-mail through Outlook, on both computers.
However, I would like to be able to syncronize the e-mails that I get. This
way they show up on both computers, no matter which I first looked at the
e-mail on. Is this possible?

ctg_77 wrote:

> I have a desktop and a newly acquired laptop. I have setup a wireless
> network and it is working great, including file sharing, internet connection,
> etc... I can also get my e-mail through Outlook, on both computers.
> However, I would like to be able to syncronize the e-mails that I get. This
> way they show up on both computers, no matter which I first looked at the
> e-mail on. Is this possible?

Sort of: on one computer check "leave mail on server".

"ctg_77" <ctg_77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a desktop and a newly acquired laptop. I have setup a wireless
> network and it is working great, including file sharing, internet
connection,
> etc... I can also get my e-mail through Outlook, on both computers.
> However, I would like to be able to syncronize the e-mails that I get.
This
> way they show up on both computers, no matter which I first looked at the
> e-mail on. Is this possible?

http://www.vaita.com/index.asp

With OsaSync PRO you can:

Synchronize your e-mail folders. Store received e-mails of common interest
in a synced folder and it will show up in the same folder on your coworkers
computers. If you sync the Inbox and Sent Items folders all incoming and
outgoing e-mail will be synced.
Read details on how OsaSync handles e-mail syncing...

> "ctg_77" <ctg_77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have a desktop and a newly acquired laptop. I have setup a wireless
>> network and it is working great, including file sharing, internet
> connection,
>> etc... I can also get my e-mail through Outlook, on both computers.
>> However, I would like to be able to syncronize the e-mails that I get.
> This
>> way they show up on both computers, no matter which I first looked at the
>> e-mail on. Is this possible?
>
> http://www.vaita.com/index.asp
>
> With OsaSync PRO you can:
>
> Synchronize your e-mail folders. Store received e-mails of common interest
> in a synced folder and it will show up in the same folder on your
> coworkers
> computers. If you sync the Inbox and Sent Items folders all incoming and
> outgoing e-mail will be synced.
> Read details on how OsaSync handles e-mail syncing...

Store your outlook.pst folder in a central location on the desktop. IE:
c:\mail\outlook.pst

then remove existing outlook.pst file from laptop.
Rerun Outlook and when it asks for the location of the pst tell it to go to
c:\mail\Outlook.pst

I do this using Office 2k and my pst is stored on a samba share! so no
matter what pc in the home I can check my mail so on!
HTH