Why the normal user couldn't write some key into registry

My dear,I have a question and it makes me crazy.
In my loginscript, I want to write key into registry,but normal users have
not right to write. When I use Su.exe,the key was wrote into the
administrator's registry,it still couldn't write the normal user's registry.
My God, How can I do? the key I want to write into registry is below:
WriteValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system","NoDispScrSavPage","1","REG_DWORD")

Any suggestion are very appreciated!!
2 answers Last reply
More about normal user couldn write registry

    Policy Editor and or Group Policy are the tools to distribute 'Policies'. As
    you've mentioned already, current user has the 'Read' right only on these
    keys.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Thanks!Our server OS is NT4 and Our workstation OS are Windows 2000
    professional SP4. Where can I set in the policy(what item)? Except GPO,Do you
    have other ways to do? For example,Can I write DOS command or scripts to set
    the right for key in the registry?

    Thanks!
    Taylor

    "Jetro" wrote:

    > Policy Editor and or Group Policy are the tools to distribute 'Policies'. As
    > you've mentioned already, current user has the 'Read' right only on these
    > keys.

Registry Microsoft Windows