Why the normal user couldn't write some key into registry

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 30, 2004 1:13:03 AM

My dear,I have a question and it makes me crazy.
In my loginscript, I want to write key into registry,but normal users have
not right to write. When I use Su.exe,the key was wrote into the
administrator's registry,it still couldn't write the normal user's registry.
My God, How can I do? the key I want to write into registry is below:
WriteValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system","NoDispScrSavPage","1","REG_DWORD")

Any suggestion are very appreciated!!
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 7:52:23 PM

Policy Editor and or Group Policy are the tools to distribute 'Policies'. As
you've mentioned already, current user has the 'Read' right only on these
keys.
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 9:19:08 PM

Thanks!Our server OS is NT4 and Our workstation OS are Windows 2000
professional SP4. Where can I set in the policy(what item)? Except GPO,Do you
have other ways to do? For example,Can I write DOS command or scripts to set
the right for key in the registry?

Thanks!
Taylor

!