Wanted: Stock Gigabyte northbridge fan

random667

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
The GA-8N SLI Quad Royal comes with this fan that clips onto the northbridge heatsink.

1136820256.jpg

I have the regular GA-8N SLI, not the Quad Royal. My board does not come with this fan but has an almost identical heatsink.

So, my question is:
Anyone know how i can get one of these fans(and maybe the heatsink too)? Anyone have a dead Quad Royal they might be willing to sell some parts off of?

random667

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
Yea i know, but i was hoping that someone else on here had already replaced the one on their board with something else, and maybe i could get their old one.

random667

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
I have just attached the only fan i could find that was close to the right size.
Screws wouldnt line up right with the holes in the fan so i used very small zip ties.
Works great, i can actually touch the heat sink without getting burned.

I still want one of the stock Gigabyte fans though.

This thing is louder than any other fan i've ever used, and doesnt look nearly as nice as one of the stock ones would.

random667

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
Man this fan really helps!

Even my processor is running cooler.

Maybe this fan is keeping all of that heat from the northbridge from rising strait up to my processor.

I am running the D805 with the stock fan and heatsink overclocked to 3.2 and the processor temps are around 35° to 45°.

I am used to the sound now, i cant even hear it anymore.