Closed

Cloning Windows 2000 server

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
January 6, 2005 4:18:10 AM

What is the best utiltiy to make a clone of my Win2K server box. The
purpose of it is for backup only so that if the original box ever fails, I
could recover back to prestine very quickly.

Cloning would not be for migration or for creating other Win2K servers, only
for backup and quick restore.

Thank you.

Anna
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 8:11:34 PM

Please note that this will not help you if your hardware fails. You
would need exactly the same hardware to restore your image to.

This plan does not replace daily backups. Always protect your data.

--
wanderer
January 8, 2005 2:53:37 AM

Exactly the same hardware is absolutely unnecessary.
January 9, 2005 6:31:11 AM

My whole reason for doing this is I'm learning about Win2K, I'd like to be
able to load my software, if I make a mistake, I'd like to be able to
quickly go back to pristine.

Thank you Jetro for the options you provided, I'm looking at them right now.

"Jetro" <somewhere@internet.space> wrote in message
news:o MVs72T9EHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Exactly the same hardware is absolutely unnecessary.

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 2:43:43 AM

You're welcome.
!