Canon ip865 and Pixma ip3000

Would someone confirm whether or not the Canon Pixma ip3000 is an
advanced version of the Canon ip865, which is the European version of
the ip860.

If that is the case, any further developments re- the ip3000 would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Emrys Davies.
9 answers Last reply
More about canon ip865 pixma ip3000

    IP4000 is.

    Emrys Davies wrote:

    >Would someone confirm whether or not the Canon Pixma ip3000 is an
    >advanced version of the Canon ip865, which is the European version of
    >the ip860.

    Close. The iP4000 is the direct replacement model for the i860, while
    the iP3000 is the replacement for the i560.

    >If that is the case, any further developments re- the ip3000 would be
    >appreciated.

    Do you mean features? If so, the 3000 adds an automatic duplex unit and
    a second paper tray on the bottom like the HP models. Other than that,
    they're pretty similar.

    "Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message
    > Emrys Davies wrote:
    >
    > >Would someone confirm whether or not the Canon Pixma ip3000 is an
    > >advanced version of the Canon ip865, which is the European version of
    > >the ip860.
    >
    > Close. The iP4000 is the direct replacement model for the i860, while
    > the iP3000 is the replacement for the i560.
    >
    > >If that is the case, any further developments re- the ip3000 would be
    > >appreciated.
    >
    > Do you mean features? If so, the 3000 adds an automatic duplex unit
    and
    > a second paper tray on the bottom like the HP models. Other than that,
    > they're pretty similar.

    Thanks a lot Bill. You have helped me a lot with your explanation.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies wrote:
    > "Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message
    >> Emrys Davies wrote:
    >>
    >>> Would someone confirm whether or not the Canon Pixma ip3000 is an
    >>> advanced version of the Canon ip865, which is the European version
    >>> of the ip860.
    >>
    >> Close. The iP4000 is the direct replacement model for the i860, while
    >> the iP3000 is the replacement for the i560.
    >>
    >>> If that is the case, any further developments re- the ip3000 would
    >>> be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Do you mean features? If so, the 3000 adds an automatic duplex unit
    >> and a second paper tray on the bottom like the HP models. Other than
    >> that, they're pretty similar.
    >
    > Thanks a lot Bill. You have helped me a lot with your explanation.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Emrys Davies.

    He forgot CDR printing in non-USA models, But, i fear you are from USA...
    :-(((

    "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
    > Emrys Davies wrote:
    > > "Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message

    > >> Close. The iP4000 is the direct replacement model for the i860,
    while
    > >> the iP3000 is the replacement for the i560.

    > >> Do you mean features? If so, the 3000 adds an automatic duplex unit
    > >> and a second paper tray on the bottom like the HP models. Other
    than
    > >> that, they're pretty similar.
    > >
    > > Thanks a lot Bill. You have helped me a lot with your explanation.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Emrys Davies.
    >
    > He forgot CDR printing in non-USA models, But, i fear you are from
    USA...
    > :-(((

    Thanks everyone. Very helpful. If anyone is still looking in can you
    tell me what the Canon Pixma iP5000 replaced and that completes my
    initial research. I will then view these at PC World as my daughter
    intends to purchase a printer soon and would like some help.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies wrote:

    > "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
    >
    >>Emrys Davies wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message

    > while

    > than

    >>>Thanks a lot Bill. You have helped me a lot with your explanation.
    >>>
    >>>Regards,
    >>>Emrys Davies.
    >>
    >>He forgot CDR printing in non-USA models, But, i fear you are from
    >
    > USA...
    >
    >>:-(((
    >

    > Thanks everyone. Very helpful. If anyone is still looking in can you
    > tell me what the Canon Pixma iP5000 replaced and that completes my
    > initial research. I will then view these at PC World as my daughter
    > intends to purchase a printer soon and would like some help.

    The iP4000 replaced the i860, which replaced the i850. The iP5000 didn't
    replace any printer. It is really a slightly more advanced iP4000. It
    has a different printhead, capable of printing with smaller ink dots
    (1 pl vs 2 pl at high resolutions). This gives it superior graphics/
    photo handling. Its highest resolution is 9600 dpi vs 4800 for the
    iP4000. This difference is especially noticeable in graphics work.

    -Taliesyn

    "Taliesyn" <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > Emrys Davies wrote:
    >
    > > "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message

    > > while

    > > than

    > >>He forgot CDR printing in non-USA models, But, i fear you are from
    > >
    > > USA...
    > >
    > >>:-(((
    > >

    > > Thanks everyone. Very helpful. If anyone is still looking in can
    you
    > > tell me what the Canon Pixma iP5000 replaced and that completes my
    > > initial research. I will then view these at PC World as my daughter
    > > intends to purchase a printer soon and would like some help.
    > >

    > The iP4000 replaced the i860, which replaced the i850. The iP5000
    didn't
    > replace any printer. It is really a slightly more advanced iP4000. It
    > has a different printhead, capable of printing with smaller ink dots
    > (1 pl vs 2 pl at high resolutions). This gives it superior graphics/
    > photo handling. Its highest resolution is 9600 dpi vs 4800 for the
    > iP4000. This difference is especially noticeable in graphics work.
    >
    > -Taliesyn

    That was very helpful, to say the least, and I really apprecate your
    very impressive summary which has helped me understand the differences
    in these particular printers.

    Are you as conversant with the Canon Pixma iP6000 as it also appears to
    be well thought of, but its writeup does not say what it replaced and
    the technical differences.

    Thanks a lot.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies wrote:

    > "Taliesyn" <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Emrys Davies wrote:
    >>

    >>>"SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message

    > version

    >>>while

    > would

    > unit

    >>>than

    >>>USA...

    >>>Thanks everyone. Very helpful. If anyone is still looking in can
    >
    > you
    >
    >>>tell me what the Canon Pixma iP5000 replaced and that completes my
    >>>initial research. I will then view these at PC World as my daughter
    >>>intends to purchase a printer soon and would like some help.
    >>>

    >>The iP4000 replaced the i860, which replaced the i850. The iP5000
    >
    > didn't
    >
    >>replace any printer. It is really a slightly more advanced iP4000. It
    >>has a different printhead, capable of printing with smaller ink dots
    >>(1 pl vs 2 pl at high resolutions). This gives it superior graphics/
    >>photo handling. Its highest resolution is 9600 dpi vs 4800 for the
    >>iP4000. This difference is especially noticeable in graphics work.
    >>
    >>-Taliesyn
    >

    > That was very helpful, to say the least, and I really apprecate your
    > very impressive summary which has helped me understand the differences
    > in these particular printers.
    >
    > Are you as conversant with the Canon Pixma iP6000 as it also appears to
    > be well thought of, but its writeup does not say what it replaced and
    > the technical differences.

    Sorry, I'm not familiar with this model except to say that it has Camera
    memory card slots and a viewer for viewing and editing photos, I
    believe. I prefer to view and edit my photos on my computer screen
    rather than a tiny 2 or 3 inch LCD screen. Few people have their
    printers in front of them so viewing these pictures can be rather
    awkward to say the least.

    > Emrys Davies wrote:
    >
    > > "Taliesyn" <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in message

    > > version

    > > would

    > > unit

    > > you

    > >>The iP4000 replaced the i860, which replaced the i850. The iP5000
    > >
    > > didn't
    > >
    > >>replace any printer. It is really a slightly more advanced iP4000.
    It
    > >>has a different printhead, capable of printing with smaller ink dots
    > >>(1 pl vs 2 pl at high resolutions). This gives it superior graphics/
    > >>photo handling. Its highest resolution is 9600 dpi vs 4800 for the
    > >>iP4000. This difference is especially noticeable in graphics work.
    > >>
    > >>-Taliesyn
    > >

    > > That was very helpful, to say the least, and I really apprecate your
    > > very impressive summary which has helped me understand the
    differences
    > > in these particular printers.
    > >
    > > Are you as conversant with the Canon Pixma iP6000 as it also appears
    > > be well thought of, but its writeup does not say what it replaced
    and
    > > the technical differences.
    > >

    > Sorry, I'm not familiar with this model except to say that it has
    Camera
    > memory card slots and a viewer for viewing and editing photos, I
    > believe. I prefer to view and edit my photos on my computer screen
    > rather than a tiny 2 or 3 inch LCD screen. Few people have their
    > printers in front of them so viewing these pictures can be rather
    > awkward to say the least.
    >
    > -Taliesyn

    Thanks a lot, again.

    Regards,