Help

every since I have had my emachine, I have had a window that pops up when I
am receving a call, that informs me who is calling and gives me 4 minutes
before it disconnects. For some reason, I do not have that window anymore
and when I get a phone call it knocks me off line and the phone then rings.
Can anyone help me? I want to get that feature back!!

Thank You

Sherri
2 answers Last reply
More about help

    "=?Utf-8?B?c2hlcnJpMTk3Mw==?="
    <sherri1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    > every since I have had my emachine, I have had a window that pops
    > up when I am receving a call, that informs me who is calling and
    > gives me 4 minutes before it disconnects. For some reason, I do
    > not have that window anymore and when I get a phone call it knocks
    > me off line and the phone then rings. Can anyone help me? I want
    > to get that feature back!!

    This sounds like a job for Emachines tech support, I've not heard of
    such a feature and it's not a part of Windows XP.

    XS11E wrote:
    > "=?Utf-8?B?c2hlcnJpMTk3Mw==?="
    > <sherri1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >

    >>every since I have had my emachine, I have had a window that pops
    >>up when I am receving a call, that informs me who is calling and
    >>gives me 4 minutes before it disconnects. For some reason, I do
    >>not have that window anymore and when I get a phone call it knocks
    >>me off line and the phone then rings. Can anyone help me? I want
    >>to get that feature back!!
    >

    > This sounds like a job for Emachines tech support, I've not heard of
    > such a feature and it's not a part of Windows XP.

    What is described I think is the CallWave Service. Go here:
    http://www.callwave.com/landing/CORP_Main.asp
    Gene K

Phones Microsoft Windows XP