2K Adv Server Restore will not reboot

I had a 2K server (my primary domain controller) that was running low on
disk space. What I did was stopped all vital services, used Windows native
backup to backup the entire system to a network drive, and pulled out the
old HD and replaced it with a larger one.

After replacing the old drive with a new one, I installed my OS, restored
from my backup and rebooted.

After the reboot, I receive this message:

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration
problem.

Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk
hardware.

Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and
your hardware reference manuals for additional information. "

Much googleing has brought me to naught. I'd appreciate any guidance with
repairing this problem.

Thanks

Cliff

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

Boot.ini may be corrupt. Try creating a boot floppy. For the floppy to
successfully boot Windows 2000 the disk must contain the "NT" boot sector.
Format a diskette (on a Windows 2000 machine, not a DOS/Win9x, so the NT
boot sector gets written to the floppy), then copy ntldr, ntdetect.com, and
boot.ini to it;

[boot loader]
timeout=10
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\winnt
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\winnt="Windows 0,1"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\winnt="Windows 0,2"
multi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\winnt="Windows 1,1"
multi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(2)\winnt="Windows 1,2"

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]