Conroe Shipments late

sorry but its pretty obvious this is a paper launch. If no one has a clue when they're getting the chips then thats a paper launch in my opinion.

Just a heads up, but several online retailers who had shipments coming in yesterday have pushed back the date they are receiving the shipment to the 16th.

Check out the availablity of conroe from retailers with live charts.
http://www.sparco.com/cgi-bin/la?sparco_part_number=A21K104
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?ACTION=Enter&thispage=011003000509_BK12401P.shtml&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
sorry but its pretty obvious this is a paper launch. If no one has a clue when they're getting the chips then thats a paper launch in my opinion.

Well i will eait till 4th week of August, if i dont' have a retail x6800 box in my hands..... i will be ready to pull the "paper launch" out of the bag.
Hopefully it is just a tiny blip for some retailers.

cyborg_ninja-117

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006

Just a heads up, but several online retailers who had shipments coming in yesterday have pushed back the date they are receiving the shipment to the 16th.

Check out the availablity of conroe from retailers with live charts.
http://www.sparco.com/cgi-bin/la?sparco_part_number=A21K104
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?ACTION=Enter&thispage=011003000509_BK12401P.shtml&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!
Fail

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Not understanding why it makes such a difference if its a paper launch or not.

Of course the term "paper launch" seems to have different meanings based upon how people interpret it.

I can understand if it pisses people off, and are into stocks and this is attempt by Intel to deflate AMDs stock share, that doesn't mean AMD can't do the same back to them. Or to order the new product and not have a promised ETA.

As a consumer, it should be noted that this type of crap happens all the time, when new products hit the market. (Xbox 360 is one, PS3 would be another)

Everyone should be happy whether or not if it is a paper launch, that it has brought prices down on AMD products or Intel previous products for consumers to switch or buy.

mulciber

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
I disagree that it is a paper launch. I have one e6600 in the mail right now, and another supposidly to ship on Monday (according to TD, so with a grain of salt.)

I just think it was poorly coordinated. It seems to me that the logical reason to make an official "release date" is to have a plan ready for deployment, and to execute it on that date. To me, it seems that intel planned their deployment poorly; they are unable to fill orders that were made prior to the release date on time.

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
It's a marketing ploy. Before anyn calls me a fanboy, though, know that I use Intel procs and have for quite some time. Given that, what it does is halt undecided buyers from purchasing amd procs amid the hopes of possibly getting a conroe. Think about it - let a limited supply of the core 2 procs out so that people can verify their existence (with the knowledge that they will be of limited supply known only by Intel). It's a brilliant strategy and, obviously, it is working. I truly don't think they ever were going to release it in a true mass quantity fashion but, they had to do somehting to battle amd. It is, basically, a paper launch and I doubt you'll see availability in any sort of satisfactory condition for at least, a minimum, of a month or 2 - possibly more

nick_000000

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Not true all been bought by big companies like dell. Even mac are using core duo (not core 2 duo) for thier macbooks now, don't like apple though they smell.

mulciber

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
Just thought I would give everyone an update on tigerdirect backorders.

I called a friend who works for TD a few minutes ago to find out if the service rep that informed me my order would ship on monday was lying or not.
He says they have a shipment coming to TD on Aug. 10. He claims most backorders are being settled with this shipment because a number have been and are being cancelled, however due to the sheer quantity of backorders it might take up to two days in order to process this shipment and ship.

Once again, any TD service representatives reading this... please die.

Gormeroth

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
Just thought I would give everyone an update on tigerdirect backorders.

I called a friend who works for TD a few minutes ago to find out if the service rep that informed me my order would ship on monday was lying or not.
He says they have a shipment coming to TD on Aug. 10. He claims most backorders are being settled with this shipment because a number have been and are being cancelled, however due to the sheer quantity of backorders it might take up to two days in order to process this shipment and ship.

Once again, any TD service representatives reading this... please die.

yah my whole ordeal with those asshats.. ended up speaking with 4 reps, everyone told me something different, no one knew a damn about their cpu warranty policy. as much as it pained me to cancel my order with them (probably would have gotten it next week) i did.

just can't do business with guys like that.

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Simply saying I am dead wrong proves nothing. It's a market place tactic and time will tell if I am "dead wrong" or "Dead right". I woulld love to be wrong (so I could get what I am looking for right when I want it) but regardless of whether the big companies are buying up the available procs in mass quantities - thus limiting their availability to the consumer - Intel knew this would happen long before they ever put it out. To say that they didn't know that if they announced it's coming long before it would be readily available as a way to make undecided buyers heistate from buying AMD procs is both foolish and naive. The marketplace has already proven this to be true. How many online etailers have announced when shipments were due, only to push the date further back when it comes close to the time for them to arrive? How many forum posts have said the same thing "Should I buy AM2 proc now or wait for conroe?" As I said earlier, I'm no fanboy of either proc (although I have been using Intels procs for the past 2 years). I use what is suitable for me at the time. It's just silly to say I am wrong because you are a fanboy. There is no way to prove me wrong except wait and see... I was just speculating.