Weird error - anyone seen this?

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
December 8, 2004 2:55:30 PM

|Warning
|
|Second ReadFile() in GetChunkData failed with error:
|The operation completed successfully.
|
|Continue running executable? Cancel is "Yes To All".

Now, I'm no computer programmer, but to me, "The operation completed
successfully" sure isn't something I'd call an error....

Anyone seen this before? It happens when:

1) Launching the game - I get the audio clue during the Bethesda
splashscreen, and have to hit 'ESC' to proceed. (can't see the dialog box)

2) When I click on 'Data Files' from the MW main launcher screen, before
the data files list comes up.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers,
joe.

More about : weird error

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 2:55:31 PM

> |Warning
> |
> |Second ReadFile() in GetChunkData failed with error:
> |The operation completed successfully.
> |
> |Continue running executable? Cancel is "Yes To All".

I don't know, but I think that's the same error I get when I try to load a
Restore game after it crashes due to picking up a bugged item. (See thread:
"Bad Memory Pointer...") No idea what it means, but I've never successfully
loaded a save game that gives that error. It always just crashes back out
and I have to go to a previous save. Sorry I couldn't be much help, but I
can sympathize as it's happened to me several times now...
!