PQI BRAND MEMORY

jbpro74

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
I recently put together my first computer. I want to use it mainly for gaming and internet purposes. To keep within my budget I went with 1GB (2X512) of memory from a company called PQI. They were not on the compatibility list with the mobo i'm using, so I called ASUS to see if it was compatible. They never even heard of the company. So I called PQI and asked them and they said it was. So I purchased it. I am pretty much educating myself on system specs and different hardwares as I go. So my first of many questions to come is: How do I know this memory is doing it's job and carrying its full load as advertised??

MOBO: ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
CPU: AMD ATHALON 64 3800+
MEMORY: PQI TURBO 1GB DDR 400 (2-3-2-5)
VIDEO CARD: PNY GEFORCE 7900GT
HARD DRIVE: WD CAVIAR 120GB 7200RPM SATA
SOUND CARD: X-FI XTREME MUSIC
POWER SUPPLY: 500W
MONITOR: ACER 19" WIDESCREEN LCD

jbpro74

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
That's another issue I'm kind of unclear with. In my BIOS there are quite a few timing settings. Which ones do these (2-3-2-5) represent? The only thing for sure I know is that the case latency for this memory is advertised at 2. In my BIOS the default was set at 2.5... Any help would be great.

MOBO: ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
CPU: AMD ATHALON 64 3800+
MEMORY: PQI TURBO 1GB DDR 400 (2-3-2-5)
VIDEO CARD: PNY GEFORCE 7900GT
HARD DRIVE: WD CAVIAR 120GB 7200RPM SATA
SOUND CARD: X-FI XTREME MUSIC
POWER SUPPLY: 500W
MONITOR: ACER 19" WIDESCREEN LCD

The only thing for sure I know is that the case latency for this memory is advertised at 2. In my BIOS the default was set at 2.5... Any help would be great.

You can start by changing the 2.5 Cas Latency to the advertised 2 and see what happens. ASUS should have no problem with the 2 setting. Unless someone has the exact MB and RAM you have it is difficult to tell you exactly what to do with your RAM timings and what might work and what might not work. You should do some research on your own regarding the specific questions you are asking.

TRENDING THREADS