SP4

Hi all
I have a W2K Adv. Server with SP3. I try to upgrade to SP4
but i always get this message

"The file c:\winnt\system32\dllcache\wpnpinst.exe is open
or in use by another application.
Close all other applications and then click Retry."

Any ideas?
Thank you
Dimitris

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 04:12:06 -0800, "Dimitris" <koukouniaou@partta.arxidiam.gr> wrote:

>Hi all
>I have a W2K Adv. Server with SP3. I try to upgrade to SP4
>but i always get this message
>
>"The file c:\winnt\system32\dllcache\wpnpinst.exe is open
>or in use by another application.
>Close all other applications and then click Retry."
>
>Any ideas?
>Thank you
>Dimitris

You could try installing from safe mode, http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=818460

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

I tried this and nothing happened. Still get the same
message. I even tried to delete the file but i couldn't
because it was in use blabla.
Anything else?

I recently had the opportunity to upgrade three systems from Win2KPro-SP2
to SP4. This was because I transfered the hard drives from five year-old
systems to more modern systems. That, I quickly discovered, resulted in a
Blue Screen "Inaccessible Boot Device".

I ran the Repair Installation (second "R", not the first) from a copy of
Win2KPro with SP4 slip-streamed into the installation CD. Now, I haven't
made any conclusions from rigorous examination, but it *seems* that all
necessary files for SP4 got installed during the repair.

If you were to learn how to slip-stream SP4 into your copy of
Win2KAdvServ and burn to a new CD, try this approach.

--
Remove INVALID from e-mail address.

Brian Smither
Smither Consulting

"Dimitris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I tried this and nothing happened. Still get the same
> message.

>>>I have a W2K Adv. Server with SP3. I try to upgrade to SP4
>>>but i always get this message...

>>You could try installing from safe mode,

TRENDING THREADS