Blue Screen Trap error

POPPY

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

My Win2k server has shutdown with the blue screen 6 times since 29 December,
the company integrated management log shows:

BugCheck, 0x0000001E (0xC0000005,0x0000000,0x0000000,0x0000000)

I can see no reason for this and the event viewer shows nothing. No changes
have been made to hardware or software. We are on Win2k 5.00.2195 SP3.

We run Citrix Metaframe xp and have Network Assoc Virus Scan 7.1. We have
two servers running same software and have no problems with the other one.

Any ideas and help gratefully received

Thanks

--
Poppy

Hi Poppy,

Unless you know how to load a MEMORY.DMP file in a debugger and analyze it,
then the only option you have is to call Microsoft Product Support Services
at the toll free number below and request the next available Support
Engineer in the Platforms Setup group analyzes it for you to determine what
exactly caused the bugcheck.

1-800-Microsoft (642-7676)

275678 How to Troubleshoot a STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Error
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=275678

These two websites below offer specialized debug training if you're
interested.

www.azius.com

www.osr.com

This is a good resource link if you're interested in downloading the
debugging tools to learn analyzing the memory dumps.

Debugging Tools for Windows - Overview
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx

--
Hope this helps,