schema "rollback" and full replication among GC servers.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 11, 2005 9:19:04 AM

If I install SMS, it changes the schema which of course kicks off full
replication among the Global Catalog servers. What if, during the install,
it fails or I change my mind and the schema has been changed? Will full
replication still occur even thought I don't complete the install? I know
that once the schema changes, you can't change it back, only disable the
change.

Thanks
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 2:02:00 PM

Once you have made a schema change and let it start replicating, it is too late
to change your mind, you ride out what it does.

As for a full replication amongst GCs froma schema change, that isn't an "of
course", it only occurs if the schema change changes the PAS Set and you are
running Windows 2000 DCs. If there is no PAS set modification or you are running
Windows 2003 DC/GCs then you can update the schema all day without resyncing GCs.

I am unfamiliar with the SMS Schema Update so I don't know if it modifies the
PAS or not. Simply look at the schema update LDIF file and look for
isMemberOfPartialAttributeSet: TRUE

joe

www.joeware.net

!