schema "rollback" and full replication among GC servers.

If I install SMS, it changes the schema which of course kicks off full
replication among the Global Catalog servers. What if, during the install,
it fails or I change my mind and the schema has been changed? Will full
replication still occur even thought I don't complete the install? I know
that once the schema changes, you can't change it back, only disable the
change.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about schema rollback full replication servers

    Once you have made a schema change and let it start replicating, it is too late
    to change your mind, you ride out what it does.

    As for a full replication amongst GCs froma schema change, that isn't an "of
    course", it only occurs if the schema change changes the PAS Set and you are
    running Windows 2000 DCs. If there is no PAS set modification or you are running
    Windows 2003 DC/GCs then you can update the schema all day without resyncing GCs.

    I am unfamiliar with the SMS Schema Update so I don't know if it modifies the
    PAS or not. Simply look at the schema update LDIF file and look for
    isMemberOfPartialAttributeSet: TRUE

    joe

    www.joeware.net

    easybryson wrote:
    > If I install SMS, it changes the schema which of course kicks off full
    > replication among the Global Catalog servers. What if, during the install,
    > it fails or I change my mind and the schema has been changed? Will full
    > replication still occur even thought I don't complete the install? I know
    > that once the schema changes, you can't change it back, only disable the
    > change.
    >
    > Thanks

Microsoft Servers Windows