100 % CPU Usage on internet connectivety

I also tried some troubleshhoting myself and found that svchost is actually
an exe file located in %windir%/system32 directory and that some services
like 'RPC', 'networkconnections' and 'Removable Storage' use this file as
there
'path to executable' (which i found after opening properties dlg box of
respective
services in services tool of computer management).

And coinidentally during my internet connectivety RPC service stops quite
frequently which I have to start manually. But the CPU Usage does not lessen
even after restarting this service.

But apart from this I am still not able to make out what exactly is going
on.

And yes I forgot to mention that during internet connectivety I come accross
a lot of virus (almost always w32.spybot.worm) in my TFTP files as notified
by symantec
antivirus notification messages, which are quarantined by symantec and later
deleted by me.

Run adaware or some other adware/spyware trap to clean your machine. The
install a personal firewall or enable it if you're running XP.

On a personal note: Dump Symantec AV. It's a fat program, lets through a
lot a viral activity and is a pig with all the fancy stuff it tries to do.
A simple AV scanner like ClamAV (www.clamwin.org / www.clamav.org) will use
less resources and CPU time and doesn't cost you a cent. If you want a
really good commercial AV Solution, get FSecure. I wouldn't be surprised if
you actually have viral/trojan/worm activity on your machine. (This is my
personal opinion based on my experience as sysadmin/netadmin/isp-operator)

regards,
Roland Giesler
Stellenbosch
South Africa

"rajiv juneja" <rajivjuneja18@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
> I also tried some troubleshhoting myself and found that svchost is
actually
> an exe file located in %windir%/system32 directory and that some services
> like 'RPC', 'networkconnections' and 'Removable Storage' use this file as
> there
> 'path to executable' (which i found after opening properties dlg box of
> respective
> services in services tool of computer management).
>
> And coinidentally during my internet connectivety RPC service stops quite
> frequently which I have to start manually. But the CPU Usage does not
lessen
> even after restarting this service.
>
> But apart from this I am still not able to make out what exactly is going
> on.
>
> And yes I forgot to mention that during internet connectivety I come
accross
> a lot of virus (almost always w32.spybot.worm) in my TFTP files as
notified
> by symantec
> antivirus notification messages, which are quarantined by symantec and
later
> deleted by me.

thanks for the advice roland.Will try