Useless potions...

Sometimes I find these things - "Quality Potion of Burden" or "Exclusive
Potion of Paralyze", and I wonder what the heck they're for... It would be
one thing if you could equip them and throw them at an enemy, or in some
other way trick them into using the potion. But as it is, the only thing
you can do with them is drink them, in which case the negative effect is
applied to YOU, which is pretty useless. Kind of weird seeing the words
"Quality" and "Exclusive" associated with potions which have a negative
effect. It would be one thing if you created them through Alchemy, but
these are just items randomly placed in the game, and in one case I even saw
a Burden potion for sale at a temple. Why would you ever waste your money
on something that has no practical value whatsoever? Or is there some way
to use these that I'm not getting?
3 answers Last reply
More about useless potions

    Darrel Hoffman wrote in news:YfednaHn5IS4tyTcRVn-iA@giganews.com:

    > Sometimes I find these things - "Quality Potion of Burden" or
    > "Exclusive Potion of Paralyze", and I wonder what the heck they're
    > for...

    [snip]

    Cash money. Creeper will buy anything magical.

    --
    ~sethra

    > Sometimes I find these things - "Quality Potion of Burden" or "Exclusive
    > Potion of Paralyze", and I wonder what the heck they're for... It would
    be
    > one thing if you could equip them and throw them at an enemy, or in some
    > other way trick them into using the potion. But as it is, the only thing
    > you can do with them is drink them, in which case the negative effect is
    > applied to YOU, which is pretty useless. Kind of weird seeing the words
    > "Quality" and "Exclusive" associated with potions which have a negative
    > effect. It would be one thing if you created them through Alchemy, but
    > these are just items randomly placed in the game, and in one case I even
    saw
    > a Burden potion for sale at a temple. Why would you ever waste your money
    > on something that has no practical value whatsoever? Or is there some way
    > to use these that I'm not getting?

    In the original game, their only use is to be sold for money... or handicap
    yourself since you're too powerful after 10 levels or so.

    I think I've heard of a mod that allows you to apply potions to something
    else... have no idea what it is called or how it works though....

    I just buy and sell stuff from the same merchant, taking all his/her
    gold when I drop buy.....until I am so cashed up it is pointless to do
    so. "Hmm, you want to sell me that $10000 sword for $7000. I'll give
    you $6000. Say, how would you like to buy this $1000 sword for only
    $8000?"

Video Games