A QUESTION FOR WINDOWS 2000 SERVER SYSTEM WMI

My Server operating system is windows 2000 advanced server [service pack
4],there occured an install error when I was installing sqlserver reporting
service. The massage is:" Failing install, WMI not registered".
So I checked my server WMI control property,
There was a massage on the general tag:
["Failed to connect to < local computer>, causation 'Insterface: Class not
registered'"]
I try to restore it, but I failed. I want to know the cause of it and the
way to restore the error. Thank you!!

the URL is error pic:

http://blog.csdn.net/images/blog_csdn_net/apexchu/82688/o_Wer1.JPG
http://blog.csdn.net/images/blog_csdn_net/apexchu/82688/o_Wer2.JPG
1 answer Last reply
More about question windows 2000 server system

    Stop the WMI service .make sure it not restart because recovery option :
    restart service (put WMI service in disabled mode)
    delete all files from c:\winnt\system32\wbem\repository

    Start WMI Service. The WMI will rebuild repository. check if it works!

    "Chinese Apex Chu [朱建峰]" wrote:

    > My Server operating system is windows 2000 advanced server [service pack
    > 4],there occured an install error when I was installing sqlserver reporting
    > service. The massage is:" Failing install, WMI not registered".
    > So I checked my server WMI control property,
    > There was a massage on the general tag:
    > ["Failed to connect to < local computer>, causation 'Insterface: Class not
    > registered'"]
    > I try to restore it, but I failed. I want to know the cause of it and the
    > way to restore the error. Thank you!!
    >
    > the URL is error pic:
    >
    > http://blog.csdn.net/images/blog_csdn_net/apexchu/82688/o_Wer1.JPG
    > http://blog.csdn.net/images/blog_csdn_net/apexchu/82688/o_Wer2.JPG