networking with ms-dos

hi,
I would like to know how it is possibleto connect to windows 2000 server
from a ms-dos 6.0 client, and if it is so ,how?
I 'll appreciate if you send me useful information and guide.
thank you
arian
2 answers Last reply
More about networking

    Just google DSK3-1 and DSK3-2.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Windows for Workgroups 3.11 had a DOS client, which may be available
    somewhere on the net. You could try searching p2p services for this as
    well, or ask around at companies, friends, etc that have had windows and
    LANs for a long time! :-)

    The DOS clients loads the NETBEUI stack, but you can also load TCP-IP. I
    used to run DOS accounting solutions from a WFW 3.11 "server", and it worked
    well, provided you didn't work on the "server" as well. You could even
    share files with the full redirector loaded, just make sure you have emm386
    loaded and dos=high,umb in config.sys to give your app enough memory.

    This is all a long time ago...

    You could of course also look at FreeDOS, which will do much the same,
    provided your app doesn't require a very specific DOS version. On the other
    hand you may rathar want to try some of the great DOSbox emulators out
    there - if your machine is big enough.

    If you give us more specific details or what you want to achieve, we may be
    able to give you more specific answers.

    regards,
    Roland Giesler

    On Windows since 1985...

    "arian" <arian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > I would like to know how it is possibleto connect to windows 2000 server
    > from a ms-dos 6.0 client, and if it is so ,how?
    > I 'll appreciate if you send me useful information and guide.
    > thank you
    > arian

MS-DOS Networking Servers Windows