Windows 2003 EP Server and TCmon

Hello!

i have set up TCmon on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise and now want to
add a flow for shaping traffic of specific ports/ interfaces. When I try
to add the flow I always get the message that adding the flow failed
because of an unknown error. Does anyone have an idea how to get this
working without re- settign up the whole system?

thanks in advance
Felix

"news36" wrote:
> Hello!
>
> i have set up TCmon on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise and
> now want to
> add a flow for shaping traffic of specific ports/ interfaces.
> When I try
> to add the flow I always get the message that adding the flow
> failed
> because of an unknown error. Does anyone have an idea how to
> get this
> working without re- settign up the whole system?
>
> thanks in advance
> Felix

Hi,

I read your question about tcmon.exe and Windows Server 2003. I have
the exact same problem. Getting an error every time I try to create a
flow.

What ever became of this? Did you ever figure it out? I’m interested
in
getting QoS working too.

Thanks for any help,
Nate

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Advanced-Server-Windows-2003-EP-TCmon-ftopict253050.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=828639

Hi again.

I just did some more testing. I loaded a fresh copy of server2003 on a test
box, loaded NIC drivers, packet scheduler, then the resource kit. Ran the
tcmon.bat file as required, then tried tcmon. Still no go. Still get the
same error when trying to create a flow.

M$ claims the progy runs on all flavors of server 2k3. So it must require
something else to be installed or configured before it's gonna work on
server2003. Good luck finding a M$ help file to tell us step by step how to
get it working. So it's trial and error from here. Doesn't seem anyone
else in these M$ NG's have any ideas either.

Just a heads up.

RedDelPaPa