Event ID: 4314
Date: 1/20/2005
Time: 4:08:15 AM
User: N/A
Computer: **********
WINS Performance Monitor Counters could not get the WINS statistics.

Anyone had any ideas what this is about?
I am running Win2k AS and IIS 5.

Use the Extensible Counter Listing Tool from the resource kit to disable the
counter 'winsctrs.dll'
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/exctrlst-o.asp

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"3legs" wrote:
| Recently I got this error more and more frequently:
|
| Event Type: Error
| Event Source: WINSCTRS
| Event Category: None
| Event ID: 4314
| Date: 1/20/2005
| Time: 4:08:15 AM
| User: N/A
| Computer: **********
| WINS Performance Monitor Counters could not get the WINS statistics.
|
| Anyone had any ideas what this is about?
| I am running Win2k AS and IIS 5.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi, I Recomending to Reinstall Wins Service. Before it,replicate content of
wins server to another temp wins server for backup.

"3legs" wrote:

> Recently I got this error more and more frequently:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: WINSCTRS
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 4314
> Date: 1/20/2005
> Time: 4:08:15 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: **********
> WINS Performance Monitor Counters could not get the WINS statistics.
>
> Anyone had any ideas what this is about?
> I am running Win2k AS and IIS 5.

Thanks. I think I don't need the WINS service. May I just disable
everything about it?

"???? ?." <@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:A2B85189-4A26-486D-994B-4984E19768F9@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I Recomending to Reinstall Wins Service. Before it,replicate content
> of
> wins server to another temp wins server for backup.
>
> "3legs" wrote:
>
>> Recently I got this error more and more frequently:
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: WINSCTRS
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 4314
>> Date: 1/20/2005
>> Time: 4:08:15 AM
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: **********
>> WINS Performance Monitor Counters could not get the WINS statistics.
>>
>> Anyone had any ideas what this is about?
>> I am running Win2k AS and IIS 5.

Yes, see my reply of 1/19/05

--

"3legs" wrote:
| Thanks. I think I don't need the WINS service. May I just disable
| everything about it?
|

| "???? ?." <@discussions.microsoft.com>
¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:A2B85189-4A26-486D-994B-4984E19768F9@microsoft.com...
| > Hi, I Recomending to Reinstall Wins Service. Before it,replicate content
| > of
| > wins server to another temp wins server for backup.
| >
| > "3legs" wrote:
| >
| >> Recently I got this error more and more frequently:
| >>
| >> Event Type: Error
| >> Event Source: WINSCTRS
| >> Event Category: None
| >> Event ID: 4314
| >> Date: 1/20/2005
| >> Time: 4:08:15 AM
| >> User: N/A
| >> Computer: **********
| >> WINS Performance Monitor Counters could not get the WINS statistics.
| >>
| >> Anyone had any ideas what this is about?
| >> I am running Win2k AS and IIS 5.

Hi if you not us WINS,you can just disable it and disable WINS counters!
See Dave patrick post about resource kit tool to disable wins counter. He
is Right! L:))

"3legs" wrote:

> Thanks. I think I don't need the WINS service. May I just disable
> everything about it?
>

> "???? ?." <@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:A2B85189-4A26-486D-994B-4984E19768F9@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, I Recomending to Reinstall Wins Service. Before it,replicate content
> > of
> > wins server to another temp wins server for backup.
> >
> > "3legs" wrote:
> >
> >> Recently I got this error more and more frequently:
> >>
> >> Event Type: Error
> >> Event Source: WINSCTRS
> >> Event Category: None
> >> Event ID: 4314
> >> Date: 1/20/2005
> >> Time: 4:08:15 AM
> >> User: N/A
> >> Computer: **********
> >> WINS Performance Monitor Counters could not get the WINS statistics.
> >>
> >> Anyone had any ideas what this is about?
> >> I am running Win2k AS and IIS 5.

Thanks you guys are so helpful :)
I downloaded the Tool and disabled the WINS counter.

"Alex K." <AlexK@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:DE3E389F-2C8C-44CF-B2FE-83F733E66AE6@microsoft.com...