BUILDING NEW PC? ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Swany420

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I am building a new pc for my first time does anyone have any suggestions about CPU's and MB's,,,,,, everything in particular....lol.....................but i am looking for a good gaming system with killer graphics sooo i was thinking AMD................

PRice range is between 1000-2000 So dont go with all the cheap stuff......

I was thinkning of AM2 socket just because of the ddr2 800

i could use thye speed .........and one of the faster graphics cards that have 512mb ................im tryin to build an sli rig but i am buying graphics cards at seperate times because i will not have eneough money for two 512mb's right now

Swany420

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

i could use thye speed .........and one of the faster graphics cards that have 512mb ................im tryin to build an sli rig but i am buying graphics cards at seperate times because i will not have eneough money for two 512mb's right now

Last edited by Swany420 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

hey and about the caps ......... i was just tryin to get people attention hahah

Swany420

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
i need to know what processor i should go wit.............dual or single.........amd or intel

Im going for gaming sooo witch ever is better for gaming ill go with.........

and another question can you overclock dual cores without having heat problems because i heard plenty of stories of people overclocking the dual cores and having them burnt out even with a good heat sink

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
I am building a new pc for my first time does anyone have any suggestions about CPU's and MB's,,,,,, everything in particular....lol.....................but i am looking for a good gaming system with killer graphics sooo i was thinking AMD................

www.monarchcomputer.com

They're selling AM2 5000+ systems. They have a good rep and don't have the bells and whistles that cost $500 more.