Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Incomplete print with Epson C44+

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
June 13, 2005 12:44:01 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I've recently re-installed an Epson C44+ inkjet (along with the latest
updated drivers) back onto an XP system. In the past I have sucessfully
printed full page (A4) colour prints with no problem. I tried this again
recently to find that the printer ejected the incomplete print as though it
had finished. There was still about 75% of the print to go until completion.
The utility that runs at the same time on screen to show progress and ink
volume etc, showed about 7 mins printing time left and the progress bar was
about 25% through. This occured with the older driver too. I haven't altered
any of the settings except the print quality (changed to Photo RPM from
Normal). Any suggestions welcomed.

Test page printed ok.

Binky.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 12:44:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Binky" <binky@binkynet.com> wrote in message
news:l81re.26153$8m5.20270@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...
> I've recently re-installed an Epson C44+ inkjet (along with the latest
> updated drivers) back onto an XP system. In the past I have sucessfully
> printed full page (A4) colour prints with no problem. I tried this again
> recently to find that the printer ejected the incomplete print as though
> it had finished. There was still about 75% of the print to go until
> completion. The utility that runs at the same time on screen to show
> progress and ink volume etc, showed about 7 mins printing time left and
> the progress bar was about 25% through. This occured with the older driver
> too. I haven't altered any of the settings except the print quality
> (changed to Photo RPM from Normal). Any suggestions welcomed.
>
> Test page printed ok.
>
> Binky.
A definite sign of corrupted drivers.
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 5:32:26 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Make sure the location where the spooler is located has enough space to
spool the image or page. The area in XP OS is usually the C drive. The
drive area needs to not being competing with scratch disks (like in
Photoshop) or virtual emery on the same disk patrician, and the free
area should be contiguous (not broken up into small pieces, so defrag
your drive. That will usually resolve it.

Art

Binky wrote:

> I've recently re-installed an Epson C44+ inkjet (along with the latest
> updated drivers) back onto an XP system. In the past I have sucessfully
> printed full page (A4) colour prints with no problem. I tried this again
> recently to find that the printer ejected the incomplete print as though it
> had finished. There was still about 75% of the print to go until completion.
> The utility that runs at the same time on screen to show progress and ink
> volume etc, showed about 7 mins printing time left and the progress bar was
> about 25% through. This occured with the older driver too. I haven't altered
> any of the settings except the print quality (changed to Photo RPM from
> Normal). Any suggestions welcomed.
>
> Test page printed ok.
>
> Binky.
>
>
Related resources
June 15, 2005 12:09:31 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

> What's the prize?
>
> Art
>

A super-size pat on the back and a general all over good feeling for as long
as Cari can make it last.
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 12:54:06 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

> A super-size pat on the back and a general all over good feeling for as
> long
> as Cari can make it last.
It's better than most... thank you.

Cari
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 12:55:21 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Missed it... sorry Art... had to go and help hubby with a new van! (on the
grounds that he can't drive two vehicles at once!)

Cari

"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:D Vxre.1668084$Xk.1290585@pd7tw3no...
> I'm pleased to hear Cari was able to point out how "stupid you can be"
> (your own words).
>
> I made the assumption you knew how to install your printer, having done it
> before. ;-( So I too get a valuable lesson... never assume a person
> knows anything about what they are doing, even if they claim to have prior
> knowledge ;-)
>
> I'm being somewhat facetious here. I'm glad you were about to resolve
> your printer issue. In fact, I'll be speaking to Cari today by phone and
> I'll make sure she knows her answer was the "winner" (she's almost always
> right about these things).
>
> What's the prize?
>
> Art
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:16:04 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I'll let her know.

Art

Binky wrote:

>>What's the prize?
>>
>>Art
>>
>
>
> A super-size pat on the back and a general all over good feeling for as long
> as Cari can make it last.
>
>
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:36:14 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Sorry you missed the call. But I suppose getting a new car is as good
an excuse as any. But you really do have to teach him how to drive with
one hand and one leg in each car, however!

I hope you enjoyed your prize of "A super-size pat on the back and a
general all over good feeling" but don't let it get to your head ;-)

Art


Cari wrote:

> Missed it... sorry Art... had to go and help hubby with a new van! (on the
> grounds that he can't drive two vehicles at once!)
>
> Cari
>
> "Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:D Vxre.1668084$Xk.1290585@pd7tw3no...
>
>>I'm pleased to hear Cari was able to point out how "stupid you can be"
>>(your own words).
>>
>>I made the assumption you knew how to install your printer, having done it
>>before. ;-( So I too get a valuable lesson... never assume a person
>>knows anything about what they are doing, even if they claim to have prior
>>knowledge ;-)
>>
>>I'm being somewhat facetious here. I'm glad you were about to resolve
>>your printer issue. In fact, I'll be speaking to Cari today by phone and
>>I'll make sure she knows her answer was the "winner" (she's almost always
>>right about these things).
>>
>>What's the prize?
>>
>>Art
>
>
>
>
!