please help quick

mikeyg83

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
i just built my bro's comp and installed 2 SATA HDDs. then i installed windows xp. it formatted both drives and then installed, but never gave me the choice as to which one. now they system drive is D: and not C:. how do i change the system drive to C: without messing too much up? so far all i've done is installed some drivers, but nothing too important at all. what are my options? i know how to change drive letters, but will this mess anything up long-term? i know that some drivers were installed into D:/Windows, or something to that extent.
thanks for your help! i'm sitting here patiently (not very patiently) ready to do what is necessary (including re-installing windows if need be).
thanks
mike

mikeyg83

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
ok, when i go to try to change the drive letter, it says i can't.
on the computer management screen, next to C:, it says System, and next to D: it says Boot

Volume Layout Type File System Status Capacity Free
C: Partition Basic NTFS Healthy (System) 298 298
D: Partition Basic NTFS Healthy (Boot) 298 294

that's what the computer management screen shows..
any tips?

mikeyg83

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Reinstalling Windows would probably be the easiest option. Either that or you could obtain (hopefully legally) Norton Partiton Magic and use it to set the drive letters correctly.

i own acronis disk suite, should i install that onto this comp and see if that can do it?