number of processors

Hi there,
Is there a way to get the actual number of processors whithout using 3rd
party software or opening the box?
Processors using hypertheat-technology fake my normal count procedures.
Any help is welcome.

I am not certain if you will find it through the OS. If you are looking at
intel processors you can search on their website. There is a lot of sample
code that tells you how to find the number of physical and logical
processors. Link below is one of the examples.

http://www.intel.com/cd/ids/developer/asmo-na/eng/microprocessors/196716.htm?page=2

Use of included script samples are subjected to the terms specified at