scheduled task dies

i've got a VBS file that runs a series of sql statements and sends email to
users based on the data. this script has been running fine as a scheduled
task for a long time, but suddenly stopped working. it looks like the
scheduled task is getting started, the sql statement runs, sends one email,
but then seems to fail to move on to the next recordSet. if the VBS file is
run from a DOS window, everything executes fine. i can quickly change a few
lines of code around and run the VBS as an ASP and that also runs fine.
however, if we go to the scheduled task window, right click the job and
choose "Run", it stalls out. the job is set up to run with full admin
account privileges. i've tried setting up the scheduled task on another win
2000 advanced server machine and there are no problems.

anybody have any ideas about what the problem could be or additional
debugging steps?

tks

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:02:53 -0500, "Dica" <genpub5@hotmail.com> wrote:

>i've got a VBS file that runs a series of sql statements and sends email to
>users based on the data. this script has been running fine as a scheduled
>task for a long time, but suddenly stopped working. it looks like the
>scheduled task is getting started, the sql statement runs, sends one email,
>but then seems to fail to move on to the next recordSet. if the VBS file is
>run from a DOS window, everything executes fine. i can quickly change a few
>lines of code around and run the VBS as an ASP and that also runs fine.
>however, if we go to the scheduled task window, right click the job and
>choose "Run", it stalls out. the job is set up to run with full admin
>account privileges. i've tried setting up the scheduled task on another win
>2000 advanced server machine and there are no problems.
>

>anybody have any ideas about what the problem could be or additional
>debugging steps?
>

>tks

Try deleting and resetting the task.
Sometimes the environment and/or credentials get corrupted.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:02:53 -0500, "Dica" <genpub5@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >i've got a VBS file that runs a series of sql statements and sends email
> >users based on the data. this script has been running fine as a
scheduled
> >task for a long time, but suddenly stopped working. it looks like the
> >scheduled task is getting started, the sql statement runs, sends one
email,
> >but then seems to fail to move on to the next recordSet. if the VBS file
is
> >run from a DOS window, everything executes fine. i can quickly change a
few
> >lines of code around and run the VBS as an ASP and that also runs fine.
> >however, if we go to the scheduled task window, right click the job and
> >choose "Run", it stalls out. the job is set up to run with full admin
> >account privileges. i've tried setting up the scheduled task on another
win
> >2000 advanced server machine and there are no problems.
> >

> >anybody have any ideas about what the problem could be or additional
> >debugging steps?
> >

> >tks
> >

> Try deleting and resetting the task.
> Sometimes the environment and/or credentials get corrupted.

tks jerold, but it didn't seem to help. any other ideas?