Event ID Errors 8005,8009,2506

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 26, 2005 10:17:01 AM

Hi folks,

I hope I have this problem in the right place...

My DHCP server is acting up a bit. I am getting errors on my event viewer
and each day I have to reboot the server. I have set up my staff DHCP scope
but it is picking the addresses randomaly. I deleted all address leases but
when they started to get them again the were starting at 100 and then into
200 and back to 100's again. I am getting 3 main Event id errors now. They are

Event ID 8009: Source=Browser

"The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The computer
that currently believes it is the master browser is BUSWEB. "

Event ID 8005: Source=MRxSmb

"The browser has received a server announcement indicating that the computer
DNSMSQ is a master browser, but this computer is not a master browser. "

Event ID 2056: Source=Server

"The value named IRPStackSize in the server's Registry key
LanmanServer\Parameters was invalid. The value was ignored, and processing
continued. "

i cannot seem to find a solution on them.Has anyone come across this before

GD
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 9:17:52 AM

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=8009&source=...

"Event ID 8003, 8009 and 8019 Appear If Subnet Mask Incorrect"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];143153

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=8005&source=...

"Multiple NwRdr Network Errors (8005) Recorded In Event Viewer"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;130723

Austin M. Horst
!