Logon script problem.

sun

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

hi,

I have Windows 2000 Pro and WinXP clients.
Here I found that the logon script sometimes (not always) doesn't run with
the WinXP PCs,
but the logon script is always alright with the Win2000 Pro PCs.
Did anyone have the same experience?
Please help.

THX.

sun

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

PS: I have experienced the same with both Win2000 and Win2003 Server.

"Sun" <unclesun@lycos.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:eKQgPS8AFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> hi,
>
> I have Windows 2000 Pro and WinXP clients.
> Here I found that the logon script sometimes (not always) doesn't run with
> the WinXP PCs,
> but the logon script is always alright with the Win2000 Pro PCs.
> Did anyone have the same experience?
> Please help.
>
> THX.

This could be due to Fast Logon Optimization, which, in case of the slow
network, logs you in and performs other logon tasks in the background. I
suggest you to read more about this Windows XP feature and see if it makes
any sense for your situation.

"Sun" <unclesun@lycos.com> wrote in message
> PS: I have experienced the same with both Win2000 and Win2003 Server.
>
> "Sun" <unclesun@lycos.com>
> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:eKQgPS8AFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> hi,
>>
>> I have Windows 2000 Pro and WinXP clients.
>> Here I found that the logon script sometimes (not always) doesn't run
>> with the WinXP PCs,
>> but the logon script is always alright with the Win2000 Pro PCs.
>> Did anyone have the same experience?
>> Please help.
>>
>> THX.

sun