Logon script problem.

hi,

I have Windows 2000 Pro and WinXP clients.
Here I found that the logon script sometimes (not always) doesn't run with
the WinXP PCs,
but the logon script is always alright with the Win2000 Pro PCs.
Did anyone have the same experience?
Please help.

THX.
3 answers Last reply
More about logon script problem

    PS: I have experienced the same with both Win2000 and Win2003 Server.

    "Sun" <unclesun@lycos.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:eKQgPS8AFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > hi,
    >
    > I have Windows 2000 Pro and WinXP clients.
    > Here I found that the logon script sometimes (not always) doesn't run with
    > the WinXP PCs,
    > but the logon script is always alright with the Win2000 Pro PCs.
    > Did anyone have the same experience?
    > Please help.
    >
    > THX.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    This could be due to Fast Logon Optimization, which, in case of the slow
    network, logs you in and performs other logon tasks in the background. I
    suggest you to read more about this Windows XP feature and see if it makes
    any sense for your situation.

    "Sun" <unclesun@lycos.com> wrote in message
    > PS: I have experienced the same with both Win2000 and Win2003 Server.
    >
    > "Sun" <unclesun@lycos.com>
    > ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:eKQgPS8AFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    >> hi,
    >>
    >> I have Windows 2000 Pro and WinXP clients.
    >> Here I found that the logon script sometimes (not always) doesn't run
    >> with the WinXP PCs,
    >> but the logon script is always alright with the Win2000 Pro PCs.
    >> Did anyone have the same experience?
    >> Please help.
    >>
    >> THX.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    thank you very much

    "NTr (MSFT)" <nebojsat@online.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
    :O2xv60JBFHA.3824@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > This could be due to Fast Logon Optimization, which, in case of the slow
    > network, logs you in and performs other logon tasks in the background. I
    > suggest you to read more about this Windows XP feature and see if it makes
    > any sense for your situation.
    >

    > "Sun" <unclesun@lycos.com> wrote in message
    > > PS: I have experienced the same with both Win2000 and Win2003 Server.
    > >
    > > "Sun" <unclesun@lycos.com>
    > > ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:eKQgPS8AFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > >> hi,
    > >>
    > >> I have Windows 2000 Pro and WinXP clients.
    > >> Here I found that the logon script sometimes (not always) doesn't run
    > >> with the WinXP PCs,
    > >> but the logon script is always alright with the Win2000 Pro PCs.
    > >> Did anyone have the same experience?
    > >> Please help.
    > >>
    > >> THX.

PCS Windows 2000 Windows