Backing up and Restoring "Tasks"

JM

When I restore all of the files in the tasks folder, nothing shows up in the
windows tasks (or explorer's view of c:\winnt\tasks)

But when I c:>dir from cmd, I can see the *.job files. What gives? How do
I backup and restore the windows scheduled tasks??! (this is for disaster
recovery documentation).

JM

Anyone?!

Thinking that something must be created in the registry, I created a task
named "goofball" and then searched the registry for "goofball", and nothing
was found.. so I don't think that's the problem..

Any ideas?

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:32:04 -0600, "JM" <JM@nospam.com> wrote:

>When I restore all of the files in the tasks folder, nothing shows up in the
>windows tasks (or explorer's view of c:\winnt\tasks)
>
>But when I c:>dir from cmd, I can see the *.job files. What gives? How do
>I backup and restore the windows scheduled tasks??! (this is for disaster
>recovery documentation).

Make sure the System attribute is set on the Tasks folder.
Open a CMD.EXE window and type:
attrib +s %SystemRoot%\Tasks

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP