Mobile 2003 w/Outlook 2002

December 21, 2004 11:31:56 PM

Hello all, am new to all this, so forgive if this is a dumb question, but
don't know the anwers.

Just got a new pocket pc - the software saids -Windows Mobile 2003 Software
for Pocket PC, Premium Edition with Microsoft Outlook 2002. However, am
running XP Pro with Outlook 2003, do I need to find a different version of
this software before I install, will it work with O2003 or will it cause
problems.

Thank you in advance for your time, Marilynn
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 11:31:57 PM

Hi Marilynn,

The software Windows Mobile 2003 (WM2003) is the operating system on your
device. Microsoft ActiveSync is the software that runs on your XP Pro
computer. It will synchronize your device with Outlook on your XP computer.
You are OK.

Rick

"Marilynn" <maal@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:o b5Ep585EHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hello all, am new to all this, so forgive if this is a dumb question, but
> don't know the anwers.
>
> Just got a new pocket pc - the software saids -Windows Mobile 2003
Software
> for Pocket PC, Premium Edition with Microsoft Outlook 2002. However, am
> running XP Pro with Outlook 2003, do I need to find a different version of
> this software before I install, will it work with O2003 or will it cause
> problems.
>
> Thank you in advance for your time, Marilynn

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 1:23:56 AM

Thanks for such a quick reply, M

"Rick Taylor" <slickrickistheman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Marilynn,
>
> The software Windows Mobile 2003 (WM2003) is the operating system on your
> device. Microsoft ActiveSync is the software that runs on your XP Pro
> computer. It will synchronize your device with Outlook on your XP
> computer.
> You are OK.
>
> Rick
>
> "Marilynn" <maal@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:o b5Ep585EHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Hello all, am new to all this, so forgive if this is a dumb question, but
>> don't know the anwers.
>>
>> Just got a new pocket pc - the software saids -Windows Mobile 2003
> Software
>> for Pocket PC, Premium Edition with Microsoft Outlook 2002. However, am
>> running XP Pro with Outlook 2003, do I need to find a different version
>> of
>> this software before I install, will it work with O2003 or will it cause
>> problems.
>>
>> Thank you in advance for your time, Marilynn

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 8:06:40 PM

Marilynn wrote:
> Thanks for such a quick reply, M

Also, you won't need to install Outlook 2002 if you already have Outlook
2003 running. The Pocket PCs work fine with this newer version of
Outlook. :-)

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts