Question about install log file

October 11, 2004 3:37:40 AM

I have some issues and I've done a system restore and then wanted to
remove some programs from add remove programs. I'm getting an intercept
window that says "can't find install log file" and the programs are on
the computer and working, but won't uninstall, either in add remove or
in the uninstall options for the individual programs. The same message
appears each time I try to uninstall. Can't find install log. I even
tried installing a program over the old installation to see if I could
get the file I needed but it doesn't work.
Can someone tell me please if I can remove these programs and how to fix
this issue?
Thanks much
Dudley
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 1:20:22 PM

Hi Dudley

Try re-installing the programs, then uninstalling them.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
news:o pBtmO0rEHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>I have some issues and I've done a system restore and then wanted to remove
>some programs from add remove programs. I'm getting an intercept window
>that says "can't find install log file" and the programs are on the
>computer and working, but won't uninstall, either in add remove or in the
>uninstall options for the individual programs. The same message appears
>each time I try to uninstall. Can't find install log. I even tried
>installing a program over the old installation to see if I could get the
>file I needed but it doesn't work.
> Can someone tell me please if I can remove these programs and how to fix
> this issue?
> Thanks much
> Dudley
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 1:20:23 PM

Thanks, but as I said in the post, I tried that already. I guess I'll
just reinstall XP. It's time for a cleaning out anyway :-)
news:o cdAos2rEHA.3252@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!